“Eaten there many times, food always good”

Petit Gourmet Diner
Ranked #41 of 125 Restaurants in Aventura
Reviewed 11 July 2017

First, the restaurant is actually located in North Miami which is just south of Aventura. It's in a strip shopping center. It used to be in an actual diner about a mile or two south of the current location. The "new" location (they've been here a year or more now) is a bit smaller but food is still quite good.
I've eaten here for lunch 3 times over the last three months, usually with 4-5 other people. I can't say we've ever had a bad meal here. So many good things. The service is okay, food can sometime take a little longer to arrive since they're cooking everything to order. They often have a fresh fish of the day.
When you hear "diner" you think cheap food, but the food is very good and the prices are not cheap but are reasonable.

Reviewed 9 May 2017 via mobile

We were so surprised to see this very small venue but were welcomed and waited on quickly. Escargot was so good! My husband had the duck and it was overcooked and the plum sauce was like plum jelly that was heated. I had spicy crab cakes and really liked them. The white sauce on them was different but very good. I couldn't eat them all! The sides were also very good. I had the spinach soufflé which was also good. I would go back to try another fish dish...the halibut was the special that night and may try it next time.

Reviewed 4 May 2017 via mobile

Since they moved from the old location it has just gotten better. The name is deceiving. It's far from a "diner". It's really a little bistro with some of the freshest and best tasting French style food in town. The staff are great. Eric, Danielle, and Carol are pros. I stop here every time I'm in miami and it's worth it.

Reviewed 20 April 2017 via mobile

The "Diner" in the name may be deceiving. The menu itself tells you it's much more than that. The menu is pretty extensive, but more importantly it's good. I Love the shrimp curry. One of the things I like about this place is that it's well put together and it's run well. The bathroom is usually clean. Everyone seems to do their job with pleasure, and the place seems clean.

Reviewed 20 February 2017 via mobile

We have been coming to this restaurant for years. They use to be a few miles south of where they are now. Never had a bad meal in all the time we have eaten there. Service is great. Parking is easy. If there is a little wait it is well worth it. This is the best gem in Aventura. If Eric is there be sure to say hello & tell him you miss the best chocolate milkshake ever that he use to make in the old place. That will put a big smile on his face. Go and enjoy.