“Well recommended even if you dont eat beef burgers”
Review of Poe's Tavern

Poe's Tavern
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 29 August 2017

Although my family does not eat much meat, I brought my family here for a late night dinner. My son and I ordered different burgers from the menu but replaced the beef with veggie patties. My daughter ordered a burger and replaced the beef with their chicken patty. The veggie patties were a delicious blend of black beans, red peppers, onions, and spices. My son's burger, the Goldbug Plus, was covered in pimiento, roasted garlic blue cheese and jalapeno jack cheese. My veggie burger, the Annabel Lee, was topped with a Charleston style crabcake, and fresh vegetabe remoulade sauce. It was delectable. My daughter devoured her sandwich, The Goldbug. It was covered with a perfect slice of cheddar cheese. The sides of fried onions, hand cut French fries, and potato salad all tasted fresh and went well with the burgers. We finished our meals and had enough extra food to box up and bring home. Oh, I have to add that our waiter was a pleasant, tattoo covered, young man who made sure our glasses were full and our needs were met. ( I really enjoy the cool people of Jacksonville's Beaches). Being a well-read, artsy person, I love the atmosphere as all the décor is related to the life and works of the great Edgar Alan Poe. I will be coming back again for another visit, but next time our friends will be joining us.

Reviewed 23 August 2017 via mobile

Best burger in Jacksonville cute themed menu. Everything is named for Poe's short stories and poetry. I had a burger called The Tell-Tale Heart. You have to try it

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 23 August 2017 via mobile

Had the Buffalo Shrimp tacos, tortillas were cold, not toasted and gummy. Gross actually. Tortillas are meant to be lightly toasted when served with tacos. We will be back we love the burgers and onion fries!

Reviewed 21 August 2017 via mobile

Wandered in here and found a great Guinness could be had! Along with a ton of other good beer and drinks, but the Guinness pour was perfect! In fact, if you like a Jameson shot with your Guinness, the bartender will gladly suggest a "pickle back" with your shot, and it was great!!! Never done that before, but glad he offered!!

Reviewed 16 August 2017

Went to Poe's Tavern for a burger! Great! Had the House of Usher with pimiento cheese, and bacon, blue cheese cole slaw! Great meal! More than I could eat! The service was great as well!