“Our go-to restaurant at the Beaches for Thai-Asian food”
Review of Simply Tasty Thai

Simply Tasty Thai
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 9 December 2017

Since discovering Simply Tasty Thai about 6 months ago, this authentic Thai restaurant (with a smattering of Filipino, Japanese, and other Asian treats) has become our go-to restaurant for good tasting and reasonably priced Asian food. We visited again last night and were fortunate to again have Pook as our server and guide for what was good that night on the voluminous menu. My wife is Filipino and loves the spicy preparations (Word to the wise, if you want #5 hot, that is THAI-style hot - not for those with wimpy palates, like mine. #1's and #2's are spicy enough for me), but they have no problem preparing the dishes for those like me who don't want their mouth on fire for the following four hours. My wife and I started with gyoza and some curry puffs appetizers, followed by Tom Yum soup (to your degree of heat), and then our entrees. Finally, for the first time, I tried their Pad Thai with chicken, sans peanuts. What took me so long!? Best Pad Thai I've had, with the tamarind based sauce a real stand out. My wife had one of the specials, a Salmon ChooChee curry with a nice moist and properly cooked salmon filet and vegetables swimming in a moderately hot (as ordered) curry broth. We were both pleased, as per usual.
Service was prompt, polite, and able to handle requested modifications to the usual preparations. For the volume and quality of the food, the pricing is extremely reasonable with most entrees in the $10-15 range. Most dishes give you your choice of protein, and there are a wide variety of asian beers to choose from, as well as sake, and a small wine list. Couldn't fit in dessert last night, but I love the crepe with ice cream and a raspberry sauce.
The dining crowd spans the entire range of Beaches residents with BMW's and Porsche's parked next to F-150's and Ram pick-ups. Good food at fair prices is for everyone, and all seem to be made welcome at Simply Tasty Thai. It's now on our regular "circuit" with North Beach Fish Camp, Safe Harbor, Ceviche and V's. Enjoy!

Reviewed 21 September 2017 via mobile

I would eat here every day if my boyfriend would let me. Lol I'm obsessed with their tom yum soup. If I had to choose one meal for my last meal it would be their green curry with a cup of Tom yum soup and I would die happy! If this place delivered I would be broke!

1  Thank phishingfordead
Reviewed 15 September 2017

Food was thai style, but bit "authentic." service was poor and actually had to stand up and hail server. She quickly lost the ability to understand english when I tried to send back the rice for being old and tasteless,

Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

Hidden away in a mini mall, this restaurant has fantastic Thai dishes. Very casual and not the greatest atmosphere for a night out (nothing fancy at all) but the food is fantastic. Authentic Thai! They are open at lunch too. The pumpkin choo chee is the best dish I've ever had!

Reviewed 21 June 2017

I absolutely love this place, it gets busy at times but that's because the food is more then worth it!