“Very Nice”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Wisconsin
“Very Nice”
Reviewed 15 April 2012

We stayed here on April 12. We were traveling this route home and thought it was very scenic. I called ahead for a reservation, and the person was extremely friendly on the phone, and got me set with a room. After we arrived I thought the exterior was very clean. Check in was easy and again the desk staff was great and I even got a little history of the area.We got a room on the 1st floor and liked being able to back right up to our room. The interior of the room was nice and clean. Internet was fine. Beds were fine. My only concern was that I was in a non-smoking room and could detect a very minor odor of stale smoke smell. I could not tell if someone before me smoked in the room or if it came from somewhere else. I did mention this to the staff in the morning. The pool area looked nice, we did not have time to use it. Breakfast was great. I really liked this area and would stay here again.

1 Thank Wispr
Dee A, General Manager at Best Western Apalach Inn, responded to this review, 23 April 2012
Dear Wispr,

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 850-653-9131.

Dee Allison
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Ms Gulfcoast
Reviewed 13 April 2012

I was on the fence about staying here because of negative reviews but Apalachicola really doesn't have a lot to offer in the way of reasonably priced lodging. However we stayed here for $89 and found it very comfortable, quiet and just a mile from town. The room was large with a nice bath, comfortable bed, and had a microwave and refrigerator, The pool was clean and looked inviting. Breakfast was good. We will stay here again on future visits.

1 Thank Mississippigal43
Dear Amantha Raye,

Ocean Springs, Mississippi
Reviewed 8 April 2012

Stayed here with my parents and my daughter for a quick trip to Apalachicola. It was quiet, the beds were very comfortable and you are less than 5 minutes from downtown. It seemed much more peaceful than the inns along the river. Although the hotel apparently was full, we did not hear anyone coming or going. The pool looked clean and inviting but we were just too busy to take advantage of it. Our breakfast of eggs, sausage and waffles was hot and tasty. We plan to stay here again when we come back for one of Apalachicola's many fairs or festivals.

Dear Sir,

Florida
Reviewed 17 March 2012

My husband and I were in the area for a trip for our anniversary in March and I had booked this hotel months earlier. Reading more recent reviews, I nearly canceled and went with the River Inn instead. The only things that stopped me were price and one new review that was positive. Price wise, I got a rate of $85 for the night. The Apalachicola River Inn's website listed the price as $129 for a lower room, $149 for upper, but had a coupon through Trip Advisor. However, when I called, I was told that the price went up March 1st and would be $20 more, plus there was no longer a coupon. So we stuck with the Best Western. We were very happy we did. The room was clean and neat, the front desk staff friendly and helpful and the breakfast very nice. At breakfast, they had a very nice variety, plus, upon request, they happily brought out hot sauce for my husband to go with the egg and sausage sandwich he'd made. The only negative was that the pool did need to be cleaned. It was not warm enough to temp me, but had the temperature been warm enough, I would not have gotten in with all the debris. To be fair, it could be they were not using it for "season' yet.
Given the price difference and the fact that we had a nice room with refrigerator, microwave and hair dryer vs. the River Inn with a walk up with the draw being the view, I was thrilled with our room. We saved enough to splurge at Boss Oysters.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
6 Thank travelot3
Dee A, General Manager at Best Western Apalach Inn, responded to this review, 22 March 2012
Dear Sir & Ma'am

Thank You, so much for the awesome comments that you made on "Trip Advisor", we greatly appreciate it!! If there is anything that we can do better, I would love to hear your feed back.

As the "new" General Manager of the Best Western Apalach Inn, my staff and I want to personally say; we would love to see you back soon (and hopefully; the "pool" will be warm enough for you to swim in!!)

Thanks Again

Whitefish, Montana
Reviewed 5 March 2012

As expected. I was given a room with a whirlpool bath. I believe it was one of the only rooms left. Never used it. Rooms are large with desk and additional table, frig, and microwave.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank JMLinne
Also consider these accommodations in or near Apalachicola
1.8 km away
0.3 km away
Rancho Inn
Rancho Inn
#4 of 5 in Apalachicola

Been to Best Western Apalach Inn? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK