My husband and I were in the area for a trip for our anniversary in March and I had booked this hotel months earlier. Reading more recent reviews, I nearly canceled and went with the River Inn instead. The only things that stopped me were price and one new review that was positive. Price wise, I got a rate of $85 for the night. The Apalachicola River Inn's website listed the price as $129 for a lower room, $149 for upper, but had a coupon through Trip Advisor. However, when I called, I was told that the price went up March 1st and would be $20 more, plus there was no longer a coupon. So we stuck with the Best Western. We were very happy we did. The room was clean and neat, the front desk staff friendly and helpful and the breakfast very nice. At breakfast, they had a very nice variety, plus, upon request, they happily brought out hot sauce for my husband to go with the egg and sausage sandwich he'd made. The only negative was that the pool did need to be cleaned. It was not warm enough to temp me, but had the temperature been warm enough, I would not have gotten in with all the debris. To be fair, it could be they were not using it for "season' yet.
Given the price difference and the fact that we had a nice room with refrigerator, microwave and hair dryer vs. the River Inn with a walk up with the draw being the view, I was thrilled with our room. We saved enough to splurge at Boss Oysters.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay at this charming hotel in the Gulf Coast community of Apalachicola, Florida known for the friendly people and unspoiled natural resources.The Best Western Apalach Inn, located in the panhandle of Florida, offers hotel guests easy access to miles of pristine beaches, excellent fishing, golf and acres of National and State Forests to explore. Hotel guests are just minutes from St. George Island Beach, the Apalachicola River and St. Joseph Peninsula Stated Park. All well-appointed guest rooms feature high speed Internet access and cable satellite television with HBO®. Hotel amenities include a complimentary full hot breakfast, an outdoor swimming pool, free parking and exterior corridors. While in Apalachicola, hotel guests may choose to feast on some of the fresh seafood that Apalachicola is famous for. Take a day and explore the Marianna Caverns or the Wakula Springs, both situated a couple hours drive from the hotel. Families will especially love the Fun Center, just 7 miles away or spending the day on any of the nearby Florida beaches. Other nearby attractions to explore include the Gorrie Museum and Cape San Blass. Make an online reservation today and save at the Best Western Apalach Inn in Apalachicola, Florida. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your BEST WESTERN Apalach Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Apalachicola
- Apalachicola Best Western