“Very good”

Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Carrabelle, Florida
“Very good”
Reviewed 3 January 2012

Nice place to eat. Good food! Always clean. Sometimes the servers are not every friendly.

Visited December 2011
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Indian Rocks Beach, Florida
“Why bother going here when there are really good restaurants in Apalach”
Reviewed 2 January 2012

I'm not going to review the meal...because I've never eaten there. I've tried three or four times when visiting Apalachicola (I got fairly often) and wanted to "give them a try". The service was non-existent..the first time we actually sat down to eat...it took them 20 minutes to bring us water...so I told them if that was indicative of the way they ran everything, forget it...and it was obvious to me it was the way they ran things and the waitress hadn't been trained about anything. One time we went into eat...and while waiting I was looking through their wines and I don't know if it was the owner or a manager..but they were so hostile I walked out then too. The last straw was my girlfriend said let's go on New Years Eve...she had bought a coupon..I told her to call and make reservations and make sure they were still in business...and when we showed up they told us they had decided not to honor that coupon for New Years.

The hard part about writing an online review is you want to say negative things without it sounding like a rant....I'm fairly laid back. but the bottom line there are some really nice, consistent restaurants in Apalach (like the Owl or Tamara's) where you don't have to risk you money and know you're going to get great food and great service. This place is not like that at all..and if the owner reads this know that I will never bother giving you a try again.

Visited January 2012
2 Thank JohnShoemaker
Little Rock, Arkansas
“Superb!”
Reviewed 21 December 2011

We happened on to The Veranda 2 days before Thanksgiving & had wonderful oyster po boys & a seafood bisque for lunch. The staff was friendly & the service was good . We liked it so much, we made reservations for Thanksgiving dinner, & had a superb meal. Great wine selection-can't wait to return!

Visited November 2011
1 Thank Milliecoolio
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great food, Great music, Great environment, Great Service”
Reviewed 6 December 2011

Overall we were very pleased with everything from Veranda's, the owners were very attentive to our needs. Everything we ordered was very satisfying, they Oysters Veranda style were wonderful, definitely recommend them! Live music outside made the evening perfect, we ate inside and took our wine out to the porch to finish off the evening.

Visited October 2011
“Music too loud! Wait staff needs training.”
Reviewed 27 November 2011

We stopped in on a fairly busy night in town during holiday weekend. We were drawn with music while walking about town and wanted to get a cocktail before dinner. Thought it would be nice to sit outside but upon climbing the stairs, the music was so loud, we couldn't hear ourselves talk. We had to go inside. Ordered a beer and the waitress poured swirling the bottle in mug to create foam top with third of bottle in the foam. She then handed me the beer after grabbing the glass with all 5 fingers around the rim where I was to drink from. But, what really got me; she broke a glass, proceeded to clean with a broom and pan, empty glass/trash right under bar top where I was sitting, banging the bottom of duster pan with her hand to make sure it was empty, put away and then waited on customers handling food and beverage items without even washing her hands.

2 Thank TommyLongboat