“Food wasn't good”

Cafe Ambrosia
Ranked #147 of 804 Restaurants in Aurora
Cuisines: Chilean, Chinese
Reviewed 28 July 2016

I'm not sure if I ordered the wrong thing but I didn't like the food. I got Pad Thai which tasted horrible and chicken fried rice which wasn't good either. Honestly, the chicken in the fried rice was TASTELESS! It looked like it had been boiled and thrown in. I put a ton of soy sauce on it to make it edible. The wontons were good. The egg rolls were decent. I was really disappointed because I read all the prior reviews. I have been trying to find a good Chinese food restaurant by me and still haven't found one that is consistently good.

Reviewed 10 April 2016

This is the 2nd time I've been to Cafe Ambrosia. Both meals were very good - food was plentiful, service was excellent and price was affordable. The Ambrosia is a small cafe, located in a strip mall at the intersection of Smokey Hill & Piccadilly. They also do take-out and delivery. Recommend!

1  Thank denver60
Reviewed 24 December 2015

Fried rice snob here. I will admit to it. I grew up with east coast Chinese. I like my fried rice a certain way. This is the part that's hard to find in my area.

I love pork fried rice. I grew up with it, it's what I am used to. How I am used to it is this....Roasted Pork...the red kind not where it looks like someone cut up a pork chop and threw it in. Onions...lots of them, both yellow and green, bamboo shoots and peas and carrots. Yes, I know there is supposed to be egg, but I am allergic so I leave that out.

This is what to my glorious surprise Cafe Ambrosia gave me. With the addition of just a touch of white pepper at the end. An extremely generous plastic tray of it piled so high it sticks to the lid, not the traditional oyster pail. I was overjoyed to find this place. I will go out of my way 8 months of the year to get there because the other 4 I am at a tax office close by. I have had saplings of their other dishes when friends order them, but that is what I go for when I go. I have done both eat in and carry out so both are consistent on portion and taste.

Reviewed 30 August 2015

My wife and I ate here for the first time this weekend. The restaurant is located in a small strip mall at Smokey Hill and Piccadilly, so parking is not an issue. We went here about 6:00 pm on a Saturday night and were literally the only people in the restaurant when we arrived, which made us wonder! It is not a very large place, around 7 booths and about the same number of tables and chairs. It was nice and clean with a pleasant décor. Numerous people came in to pick up orders while we dined and about the time we got our bill 3 other groups came in, so it was never busy at all.

We were told to just pick any table as we went in and a waitress came over immediately to take our drink orders and bring us menus - tons of choices. We decided to have some spring rolls as an appetizer and they came out in minutes - they were very good. We ordered sweet and sour chicken, beef & broccoli, and bbq pork fried rice and the food was out in less than 5 minutes - hot and lots of it! All of the food was excellent and we literally took half of it home. Just one of the main dishes would have been plenty with the rice that came with it.

When we were done the waitress boxed up all the leftovers at the table and brought a half orange that had been sectioned, along with 2 fortune cookies, with the bill. All of the food was about $30 which I thought was very reasonable for all we got.

The service here was excellent, which I guess we would expect when we were the only customers, the food was very tasty, plentiful and very reasonably priced, and the restaurant itself was very nice inside - though it looks very drab from the outside.

This place does take out (looks like a lot!) and they also offer free delivery within 5 miles I think it is. We will definitely be using this place again - highly recommended!

Reviewed 13 July 2015 via mobile

Went on my lunch hour. Got tge chicken with peanut sauce special. I enjoyed the hot and sour soup. The main dish came quickly. It was a good portion size and tasty. Recommend!