“Excellent Stable!”
Review of 12 Mile Stables

12 Mile Stables
Reviewed 6 May 2015

We've been riding at 12 Mile stables for the past year. We've had a wonderful experience every time! My son has enjoyed the week long summer camps and we've all done trail rides as a family. I would highly recommend this stable to anyone. It is very obvious they truly care about the horses, safety and clients. Wonderful place!

All reviews
in 13 reviews
"park"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed 3 April 2015

Sometimes a "staycation" is the best option. So this spring break I decided to take my son riding at #12milestables. It all started out good. We called the morning of and in about an hour, received a callback and an afternoon ride time. Informed to show up at least 20 minutes early, we were there even before that. We signed the waiver, paid $35/2 for one hour ride and were asked about a bike helmet for the rider under 18. That was left out of the phone conversation. After a few tries, we were able to borrow one, yet, would have bought one from home. Three others had the same reservation and showed up 2 minutes before our ride time. Instead of telling them they were late and to reschedule, getting them and their horses ready pushed us back 30 minutes. Having grown up riding, it was no issue for me. My son has ridden, but this time on a horse that just wanted to eat grass, and he got concerned with his repeated attempts to raise the head. He and the small girl with the late family were led by rangers. The ride is very slow. My horse was slow and called "lazy" buy one of the rangers and as one ranger was guiding the group, the other told her to go back the same way we went out. Seems like we could have rode inside a corral to just do the exact same route out and back, with so much of the park to go into. I expressed my concern that we would be back early and was told the fence workers were on a schedule and would have to stop for our return to the corral. Forget that my money was paid for a schedule that was not kept now. We were back, took pictures and were off the horses with 6 minutes of our paid hour unused, even with the delayed start.

2  Thank The5280Princess
Reviewed 27 March 2015

i don't know where to begin. I am a horseback rider and show jumper in California. I came to Colorado to spend my spring break over there and I was not riding that much due to the fact that I study engineering so I didnt have enough time to manage my studies and riding. I was craving to ride in Colorado as the weather is much colder there than California. So I called 12 mile stables to reserve a trail ride. I called them many times and no one picked it up most of the time but I was persistent. A man picked it up and I told him that I want to reserve a trail ride for tomorrow and he said alright. So the next day when we were supposed to go for a trail ride, it was snowing so I was a little bit skeptical as I know most barns close when it is raining or snowing. But that man did not call me to inform me that trail ride was cancelled due to the snowy weather so i went to the barn hoping that I would enjoy a trail ride under the snow. My car almost got stuck in the mud. So I called him again and as usual he did not pick it up. I was so angry. I left him a voice mail. Few hours later he called me back and we rescheduled for the next day. The next day, we went to the barn and my brother and I are advanced riders so we asked them if it were possible for us to go trotting and cantering but they refused with rudeness. So we got on our horses who were so dirty. During the whole ride Kristina and the other guy never ever talked to me nor my brother. We felt so unwelcome. My brother asked Kristina if he could ride beside me to take the gopro camera from me and she was like "NO!!" Period. She didn't even say it in a kind way! For the first time in my entire life that we came across people who claim that they love horses and be so rude and impolite! The moment I hopped on that horse, I just wanted to be done with that trail ride as soon as possible because of the horrible attitude that these people showed towards us! I don't know if they did that because they were racist as my brother and I are not Americans. Overall, don't ever consider stopping by their terrible barn. Even the prices for the so-called trail ride are so expensive. AVOID THIS Horrible BARN AND ITS MEAN PEOPLE. If there was a negative rating, I would definitely give it to them. I pity their horses to be owned by such a disrespectful owner!

9  Thank Showjumper1994
Reviewed 12 October 2014 via mobile

Was going to ride horses with my husband had paid the 100.00 for the 1 1/2 hour ride. When they approached and said they were not comfortable with putting me on one of their horses even one of the bigger ones. I stand five foot two and weight 260 lbs. I know I am fat but I thought horses could carry more than that, I know texas horses and Arkansas horses can carry over three hundred lbs and it not even bother them. So if you are over weight do not go to 12 mile stables to ride cause their horses can not carry you!

9  Thank whitemouse66