“Aspen is the life to live” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Aspen

Map
Satellite
Map updates are paused. Zoom in to see updated info.
Reset zoom
Updating Map...
Sacramento, California
10 helpful votes
“Aspen is the life to live”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2007

See how much there is to give...see how strongly you believe. See how much you may recieve.

No truer words have ever been sung. I visit Aspen every year in October. I dont go to ski, the fall leaves are usually gone, many of the stores are closed for the season. But its just being in Aspen. The views, the wildlife, the people...friends and friends you havent m\et yet.

I like to stay at hotels where there is a feeling of family. No hotel can be closer to that than the Limelight lodge. They are currently under reconstruction but I can not wait to get back there...to my family. I dont know them... but I love them.
Since the Limelight has been closed I have stayed at the Mt Chalet. Still a very cozy place. My plans for this year is a condo so we shall see how that goes.

Places to go...
Little Annies has the best food. But just like The Woody Creek Tavern, their employees could use some training in the art of Customer Service.
My favorite Bar is Bentley's Just watch your step leaving the place, there are no handrails going down the stairs and that can be dangerous when leaving with a buzz.
The Maroon Bells, Ashcroft, The John Denver Sactuary is a great place to sit, watch the clouds rolling by and share a picnic with someone you love. Even better is there is a guitar around to serenade you.
For a quick trip out of town..dont miss the Cavern tours in Glenwood Springs and end the day with a meal at Doc Holidays.

If you are looking for a place of peaceful contimplation. Visit the Windstar Land in Snowmass www.wstar.org has the directions to the land. Follow the dirt trail off to the left towards the meadowlands and you will see a sign that says Meditation platform with an arrow pointed up. Its looks worse than it really is, but hike up there..take your water!!! there is just the most beautiful view from the platform. Looking around you are bound to see an eagle or a hawk ( at least on the Sprit statue below) Mt Sopris is a perfect background.

One more great review...Aspen Valley Hospital. If you have to get hurt..do it in Aspen. When my daughter fell and dislocated her knee the last night of our vacation, we were in and out of the ER within an hour. Totally unheard of back home. I think we might still we waiting in the er here today.
Have a great trip!!!

1 Thank ilockyou2
New Jersey
3 helpful votes
“8 days in aspen”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2007

Spent 8 days in Aspen over the new year's holiday. Quick reports on restaurants: Campo De Fiore is absolutely excellent either in the dining room or at the bar. Service and food is wonderful. Over rated: Syzergy. Horrible service from walking in to leaving. When told about it, the waiter disappeared. L'Hosteria-overpriced. The Little Nell Bar and restaurant very good.

Activities-You have to ski! Snow mobiling is great. Dog sledding-have to do it once, but pricey. Shopping-excellent. Stop in at The Red Onion for lunch or a shopping break before it closes. It's a fun place for a beer or hanging out!

3 Thank C21NorthJersey

Been to Aspen? Share your experiences!