“Big but thin and tasteless”
Review of Jim's Burger Haven

Jim's Burger Haven
Ranked #43 of 290 Restaurants in Arvada
Price range: US$ 0 - US$ 20
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 18 November 2016

This is a fast food type restaurant where you order and retrieve your own food but everything is made to order so only hot fresh food here. I am reviewing this on my meal. My dads regular size burger looked really good and thats what I probably should have ordered. But I ordered the large burger and it was super thin to the point where I tasted the bread and condiments more that the meat. The fries were abundant and average and the onion rings were average. The prices are good ($20.00 for three of us) but the place is a dive. Old and not real clean. There was a waiting line so the food must generally be better than what I experienced. And the staff was super friendly and efficient.

Date of visit: November 2016

Reviewed 16 November 2016 via mobile

Growing up in the 70s and 80s, Jim's was always the go-to when we wanted something good and fast. Those two qualities are no longer recognized.

Back then a 6" burger was a 6" bun with a patty that ran past the bun boundaries. Today, the 6" bun encapsles a 4" underwhelming patty. The fries are also not the same. Crunchy texture but bland and not something you have to shake the bag out to get them all. On a good note, the chocolate shake was quite tasty...

Date of visit: November 2016
Reviewed 28 July 2016

The family wasn't impressed with the big burger since it seemed more thin than plump with a large bun.

Date of visit: May 2016
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed 26 July 2016 via mobile

My family goes to Jim's whenever we want a good burger and fries. I went today and it didn't disappoint. I like the old school way they do things, and we've never had bad food here. The shakes are thick like they should be, the burgers are huge, and the fries are always amazing! So glad we're local to this place.

Date of visit: July 2016
Reviewed 10 July 2016 via mobile

An amazing find if you like a really good burger and milk shake with authentic 1950's atmosphere..we were stunned when we got our large burger and larger chocolate shake..made with real ice cream..The burger really was delicious and the bread was good..not Mac Donald style..and, forget those calorie totals on the menu..not here!! Way to go, Jim..who ever you are.. You nailed it!..and the prices were surprisingly low, given the large portions.. My husband and I shared a meal, $12, and I Wish I had ordered the smaller shake..We split the burger and couldn't finish the other half. Onion rings are amazing..and no left-overs there.

Date of visit: July 2016

Been to Jim's Burger Haven? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK