“Go for the malt...”

Ranked #42 of 286 Restaurants in Arvada
Price range: US$ 0 - US$ 20
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 16 November 2016 via mobile

Growing up in the 70s and 80s, Jim's was always the go-to when we wanted something good and fast. Those two qualities are no longer recognized.

Back then a 6" burger was a 6" bun with a patty that ran past the bun boundaries. Today, the 6" bun encapsles a 4" underwhelming patty. The fries are also not the same. Crunchy texture but bland and not something you have to shake the bag out to get them all. On a good note, the chocolate shake was quite tasty...

Reviewed 28 July 2016

The family wasn't impressed with the big burger since it seemed more thin than plump with a large bun.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed 26 July 2016 via mobile

My family goes to Jim's whenever we want a good burger and fries. I went today and it didn't disappoint. I like the old school way they do things, and we've never had bad food here. The shakes are thick like they should be, the burgers are huge, and the fries are always amazing! So glad we're local to this place.

Reviewed 10 July 2016 via mobile

An amazing find if you like a really good burger and milk shake with authentic 1950's atmosphere..we were stunned when we got our large burger and larger chocolate shake..made with real ice cream..The burger really was delicious and the bread was good..not Mac Donald style..and, forget those calorie totals on the menu..not here!! Way to go, Jim..who ever you are.. You nailed it!..and the prices were surprisingly low, given the large portions.. My husband and I shared a meal, $12, and I Wish I had ordered the smaller shake..We split the burger and couldn't finish the other half. Onion rings are amazing..and no left-overs there.

Reviewed 11 June 2016

Jim's Burger Haven is a Throw back Burger Joint. This is not a chain restaurant, but a family owned restaurant with a couple of locations, one in Westminster and one in Thornton Colorado.

Jim's has made to order fresh hamburgers. They have other menu items as well, but are famous for their hamburgers and shakes. I recommend the large Giant Hamburger. The fries are so-so, not fresh cut, but the burgers are fresh, made to order and worth it. Also, the price is great for a fresh made to order Burger. I can usually get the giant combo with fries and a drink for around six bucks and some change, and will be fed for a while.

The location is old, and dated, and can maybe even go as far to call it a hole in the wall, but that's what makes it unique. Nothing fancy here, just quality fresh made to order hamburgers.

I would recommend Jim's, and usually try and take out of town guest's here for the nostalgia of a 50's burger joint with great food!

Been to Jim's Burger Haven? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK