Rainbow Trout Ranch
US$ 49
Priceline
US$ 78
US$ 70
Super 8 Alamosa(Alamosa)(Great Value!)
US$ 82
US$ 107
Hotels.com
Riverside Inn of Alamosa(Alamosa)(Great Value!)
US$ 60
US$ 99
US$ 123
US$ 89
ComfortInn
Valley Motel(Alamosa)(Great Value!)
US$ 67
All reviewsrainbow troutthe van berkum familyhorseback ridingfly fishingline dancingfamily vacationevening activitiescowboy singersing alongsserved family styledavid and janewhite water raftinglog cabins areother guestsconejos riversouthern coloradoamazing scenery
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 September 2016

From the first hello to the last goodbye this was a most wonderful experience. You are carefully looked after by the owners Doug, Linda,David and Jane. The staff are first class whether your interest is riding or fishing. Julie, my wife, was found a suitable horse to match her abilities and experienced some wonderful trail rides. Trout fishing for me was second to none and with the help of Sam and Miller I managed to catch some decent trout. The accommodation in a log cabin with a real log fire could not have been more comfortable and the large ranch house with its wide porch so inviting. Overall one of the best holiday experiences we have had. We hope to return.

Room Tip: Accommodation in log cabins all great
2  Thank John553
rtrjane, Owner at Rainbow Trout Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2017

Thank you so much for these kind words John. It was such fun sharing the ranch with you both and reading your review brings it all back! The staff so enjoyed you both as did we. We look forward to hopefully having you back here again someday. Happy Trails~~Jane

Reviewed 19 September 2016

My wife and I had the time of our life. The owners Doug and Linda, Jane and David remembered our names from the first day. Their hospitality was also instilled in the people that worked there. EVERYONE was so accommodating and helpful. My only wish was that they would have had a king size bed to sleep on.
I found this ranch on the internet looking for a place to ride horses. My wife is an experienced rider and I am not. The wranglers always helped you in any way possible. We rode everyday around the most beautiful scenery. The horses are chosen for your riding experience. I was joking with my wife and told her that I would get a mule. My horse was well trained and challenging at times as I was learning. I cannot say enough great things about the experience. Many of the guests there come back every year. We were treated by the guests and the staff like family and made some great friends along the way. The best day was when we got to pen the cattle. Everything that I learned all week came into play and it all came together. It was an incredible experience. At night, they had dancing, sing alongs, game nights, hayrides etc. I also loved the fact that they get no cell service up in the mountains. Food was plentiful. It was a different theme everyday for lunch or dinner. It is always well prepared. My favorites were the barbeque lunch and the barbeque dinner. I wish I could remember all the names of all the staff and wranglers. But thanks to Keith the Pastry Chef, Dara, Nicole, Lauren, Matt, Arden, Sean, Liza, Gemma, Sara, Miller, Sam, Alysa, Willa who all went above and beyond to make our stay an exceptional experience. We hope to come back there again so I can continue to learn more, and experience truly nice people providing a memorable experience. I also forgot to thank our horses Gentry and Hollywood. By the way, the horseback experience was not just following other horses. You are taught to trot, lope, etc. There are slow rides, intermediate rides, all day rides, etc. One other thing to note, they suggest a gratuity anywhere from 15 to 20%. It is split with the staff. When I checked out, I had no issues putting 20% gratuity on our bill. This team was worth it. Thank you Doug and Linda for making our tenth anniversary one to remember for the ages. We still talk about this experience everyday since we left.

4  Thank Louis R

Dear Louis~~What a lovely review. Thank you! I have just been re-reading reviews and yours made me smile widely. We would love to see you both back sometime. And by the way, Gentry and Hollywood are doing very well, fat and happy out on winter pasture.

Reviewed 19 September 2016 via mobile

Any great organization starts from the top and you can't find any more stellar people than Doug and Linda . From the moment of our arrival we were greeted with kindness and warmth from Linda. The cabins are well appointed rustic and comfortable. With a great fireplace.
Horseback riding - supervalous. All the horses were well trained and cared for with the most beautiful backdrop imaginable. Fun professional wranglers that gave me some great pointers. Lauren, Arden, Matt and Jemma to name a few.
Fishing- rambling gorgeous river. Great guides to help you learn the lay of the land. A healthy population of rainbow trout.
Food- comfort foods
with large portions. Be prepared to put on a couple pounds if you can't practice self
control.
All in all we had a great week and experience at rainbow trout ranch.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lisa R
Reviewed 14 September 2016

It's a dude ranch that concentrates on the riding programme. Not the fine dining and fine wines type of place. The mountains are sensational, of course, pretty much like all of the Rockies, I suppose. The Van Berkum family and the staff make everyone feel like family, and the social side of being there is great. Generally there are 2 trail rides a day, anywhere from just a walking pace to trotting and loping at whatever level you are up to. I don't fish, but this year the trout fishermen all had wide smiles. One guy routinely caught a couple of trout before breakfast and then did the trail rides. Now that's how to get full value.

To give you an idea, one guest that was there was on his thirteenth visit, another guy (Deano) has been so many times that he is nearly staff, and probably well over half the guests are repeaters.

We did the last week of the "families" weeks in August and the first week of the "adults" period in September. They are both good, just depends on whether you have kids (or even like kids). We prefer the Adults weeks but the kids aren't in your face and aren't a problem in the Family weeks. In some ways, the kids add a bit more life to the place.

If you are going to go, it's better to book early. It does fill up quite often.

2  Thank dazzarapley
Reviewed 11 September 2016

My wife and I celebrated our 30th Anniversary at the Rainbow Trout Ranch.

We were so impressed with the beauty of the Ranch, lodge, and our rustic cabin.
Ownership has successfully created a family environment, which you instantly become a part of, when you cross the door threshold.

We are novice riders, and I'm a rookie fly fisherman. Jennifer rode 3 days straight.
I rode and fished a day, and landed 12 fish. I have a serious desire to gain more experience at fly fishing.

I cant say enough about the operation, attentive staff, the wonderful people we met during our stay.

We will be back!