“Excellent Clam Chowder!”

Mission Pizza
Ranked #7 of 27 Restaurants in Avila Beach
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed 17 May 2018

We were not too hungry, but wanted a little something. Mission Pizza is in the same building as Custom House. We only ordered the clam chowder, and I must say, it was the best I have ever eaten. It was full of clams and the broth was exceptional.

Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

My wife and purchased their small flatbreads for lunch. I had the pepperoni and she ordered the calabrese. Mine was good but hers was fantastic.

Reviewed 19 April 2018

Go behind the new Custom House restaurant to find Mission Pizza but go for the oven baked sandwiches they are a deal at the beach 6 to 8 bucks and come with french fries I am a big dude and it filled me up, maybe 2 of them little beach people could split this deal and still be looking good on the sand...This new shop attached to the backside of the Custom House was a nod to the old Pizza Pantry the old Avila beach had on this site before the town was torn down and tossed into the dumpster...

Reviewed 20 March 2018

This small pizza take-out place is behind the Custom House and has a door, which leads into the restaurant. After multiple visits to the Custom House, we decided to try it. We are glad we did. We got take-out and ate the food in our motel. One person ran the whole thing and he was both friendly and efficient. Most important—he provided us with very good food.

My wife had Clam Chowder was she said was equal to or better than most restaurants, and she got a nice portion for a moderate price. My 9” Santa Fe style pizza (I do not recall the exact name but “Santa Fe” was in it somewhere.) was excellent—as good as any pizza I have had in California. I was shocked, actually, it was so good. It had multiple ingredients which blended really well, a little bit of spicy heat a blend of cheese and excellent crust. The cost for the meals totaled $18. I only ate ½ my pizza at the time and shared the rest with my wife later, and she liked it almost as much as me.

Reviewed 28 January 2018

The pizza, even though it was a little on the expensive side was wonderful! Never had the offer of avocado on a pizza, and it was a nice addition. Lots of cheese