“One of the best pizzas that I have had in California”
Review of Mission Pizza

Mission Pizza
Ranked #7 of 27 Restaurants in Avila Beach
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed 20 March 2018

This small pizza take-out place is behind the Custom House and has a door, which leads into the restaurant. After multiple visits to the Custom House, we decided to try it. We are glad we did. We got take-out and ate the food in our motel. One person ran the whole thing and he was both friendly and efficient. Most important—he provided us with very good food.

My wife had Clam Chowder was she said was equal to or better than most restaurants, and she got a nice portion for a moderate price. My 9” Santa Fe style pizza (I do not recall the exact name but “Santa Fe” was in it somewhere.) was excellent—as good as any pizza I have had in California. I was shocked, actually, it was so good. It had multiple ingredients which blended really well, a little bit of spicy heat a blend of cheese and excellent crust. The cost for the meals totaled $18. I only ate ½ my pizza at the time and shared the rest with my wife later, and she liked it almost as much as me.

Reviewed 28 January 2018

The pizza, even though it was a little on the expensive side was wonderful! Never had the offer of avocado on a pizza, and it was a nice addition. Lots of cheese

Reviewed 25 January 2018

They use a mix of cheese (I prefer Mozzarella only) and I asked for extra sauce and they didn't give it to me. As the only pizza option in town, it's fine but not great.

Reviewed 27 December 2017 via mobile

These people are phenomenal. This restauraunt is a mom and pop corner restauraunt nearly next to the ocean. The service was great and these people did everything possible to make your visit delightful and welcoming. It seemed like it was owned by a hard working family with authentic pizza. The menu includes many varieties of pizza including flatbreads and oven-baked sandwiches.

-Thanks!!

Reviewed 13 October 2017

We ordered a pizza called "kitchen sink" and it was just perfect. Tasty crust and fresh toppings. Very nice guys who took our order and made our pizza.