All reviewsathletic clubthe bob jones trailhot tubcraftsman stylebike pathtennis courtshealth club next doorprivate jacuzzicontinental breakfastfree bikestucked awayget awaygeneral storebagelshuge bathroomgolf coursegas fireplace
Reviewed 4 January 2018 via mobile

This place was an amazing wrap up of a CA coast trip. Rooms are well kept, clean and spacious. We had a room with a hot tub and it did not disappoint. Fireplace was such a nice touch. It will be hard to stay anywhere without these two amenities in room now lol. Staff was nice and accommodating.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Travelbug101bug
Management response:Responded 1 May 2018

Dear Travelbug101bug,
Thank you so much for the wonderful review! I'm happy to hear that you found our Inn to be clean, well kept and our staff accommodating. Our dedicated team works hard each day to make sure that each guest we encounter has a wonderful experience. We hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back again very soon!

Reviewed 4 October 2017

Walk into the Inn and see, instantaneously, décor that gently invites you. The homey touches, such as the warm colors, the beautiful rock fireplace, the dark-stained wood arches, and the richly-textured carpeting give the hotel a unique and breathtaking ambience.
Craig, the manager, welcomes us with a smile and a few tidbits of helpful information to make our stay so much more pleasant. The room was comfortable and a good night's sleep was greatly appreciated.
I'm an early riser and even at 5am, the coffee in the lobby was wonderful. Not the usual 'dishwater' that hotels usually have sitting in the pot, but a flavorful, rich cup of joe, accompanied by my iPad. How quickly the morning flew!
We were absconded into this deal through Groupon, but the 'trick' worked. We're coming back again and again.
Also, even though the property is not on the waterfront, it is very close and there is nothing else with this kind of décor.
Thank you for a lovely and most relaxing stay.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank davep4ventura
Chris K, General Manager at Avila Village Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2017

Dear davep4ventura,

Thank you so much for the lovely review! It was an absolute pleasure getting to chat with you and your wife the other morning. I am beyond thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed your visit and certainly hope to have you back as our guests again very soon!

Warm regards,

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

First room: bathroom floor was gritty and unswept. Hair on counter. Bed had concaves from where people slept. No questions asked, immediate room switch.
Second room: Bed mattress so worn it was like sleeping in a hammock. Bedding had purple nail polish streaks and holes in the comforter. Like swiss cheese. Staff kindly switched out for another. It had blood stains. We didnt use.
Balcony spa seemed clean. Staff asked us if we used it and we said yes. We asked how often they clean and they said they drain amd refill after each use, hence why they asked if we used it.
Manager said new mattresses to come in three months.
Staff wasnt familiar with local eateries, they seemed scripted to tell guests where to eat (same places as in the room book). Staff was college age and kinda shrugged when we asked restaurant questions.
Fresh cookies were amazing.
Didnt ride bikes although we wanted too. We were told we could reserve them. When we tried they said there was no one on the list yet. So we said add us. They said you dont need to theres no one on the list. Ummm, isnt that how a list starts? Next morning half the bikes were gone.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Chris K, General Manager at Avila Village Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2017

Dear longbrdpam,

I was beyond disappointed to hear about the negative aspects regarding your recent visit. Our staff works hard to provide a stellar experience for each and every guest we encounter. It truly sounds like yours was a one off experience which is not typical for our hotel. By reading our other reviews you will notice that most guests commend us for our levels of cleanliness as well as the helpful and attentive staff. I appreciate your constructive comments and will use them to help train our staff on how we can better serve our staff. As I mentioned, we are planning on getting new beds very soon which should alleviate the issues you mentioned with the comfort of your mattresses. If you care to discuss your experience further, please contact me directly at (805) 627-1810.

Reviewed 18 September 2017 via mobile

I had to twist my husbands arm to stay here as we always stay on the beach when we are at the coast. We were having spa treatments at the Avila Bay Athletic Club so I thought we should give it a try, walking distance and all. Our room, called the Grand Escape, was a two room suite that included a nice sitting area, bedroom and large bathroom with tub and walk in shower. Very earthy tones and great woodwork. Our beautiful view off of the very private balcony with a hot tub were oaks and sycamores. Very refreshing after such a hot summer! Walking to the Woodstone Marketplace on site was another jewel. It had everything, deli, wine, market and delicious dinners which vary each evening. My husband was quite impressed with all of this and we have already booked our room for next month! By the way it does have an elevator which I didn't know until we arrived.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Chris K, General Manager at Avila Village Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2017

Dear roadtripper610,

What a lovely review! I am so glad you were able to convince your husband to give us a try during your most recent visit to the Central Coast. It sounds like you were really able to take advantage of the many wonderful amenities and attractions that make our location so unique. We are looking forward to your upcoming visit!

Reviewed 9 September 2017 via mobile

Outstanding, the best. So personable-met the owner and his wife , made me feel at home. The rooms have a lot of personality. The upstairs patio is wonderful. Fresh orange juice . Evening pie. I am in love with this place- I can't wait to go back. It is very different so I warn you if you're looking for crowne plaza or Hilton, this hotel is different. It is almost like staying at a bed and breakfast.

Just to add I loved my room. There are cute shops nearby and you are hop from the beach. The scenery from the deck is amazing. There is the lighthouse as well. So much to do in this little place.

Thanks and sorry it took me so long to write the review

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Chris K, General Manager at Avila Village Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2017

Dear sistasister_2000,

While I would love to take credit for this lovely review, it belongs to our friends and neighbors at Inn at Avila Beach, not us. Please contact TripAdvisor, OR delete and re-post this review to it's rightful owners at The Inn at Avila Beach.

Warm regards,