“Absolutely Beautiful Setting”
Review of Avila Village Inn

Avila Village Inn
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Avila Beach
Reviewed 18 September 2017 via mobile

I had to twist my husbands arm to stay here as we always stay on the beach when we are at the coast. We were having spa treatments at the Avila Bay Athletic Club so I thought we should give it a try, walking distance and all. Our room, called the Grand Escape, was a two room suite that included a nice sitting area, bedroom and large bathroom with tub and walk in shower. Very earthy tones and great woodwork. Our beautiful view off of the very private balcony with a hot tub were oaks and sycamores. Very refreshing after such a hot summer! Walking to the Woodstone Marketplace on site was another jewel. It had everything, deli, wine, market and delicious dinners which vary each evening. My husband was quite impressed with all of this and we have already booked our room for next month! By the way it does have an elevator which I didn't know until we arrived.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Chris K, General Manager at Avila Village Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2017

Dear roadtripper610,

What a lovely review! I am so glad you were able to convince your husband to give us a try during your most recent visit to the Central Coast. It sounds like you were really able to take advantage of the many wonderful amenities and attractions that make our location so unique. We are looking forward to your upcoming visit!

Reviewed 9 September 2017 via mobile

Outstanding, the best. So personable-met the owner and his wife , made me feel at home. The rooms have a lot of personality. The upstairs patio is wonderful. Fresh orange juice . Evening pie. I am in love with this place- I can't wait to go back. It is very different so I warn you if you're looking for crowne plaza or Hilton, this hotel is different. It is almost like staying at a bed and breakfast.

Just to add I loved my room. There are cute shops nearby and you are hop from the beach. The scenery from the deck is amazing. There is the lighthouse as well. So much to do in this little place.

Thanks and sorry it took me so long to write the review

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Chris K, General Manager at Avila Village Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2017

Dear sistasister_2000,

While I would love to take credit for this lovely review, it belongs to our friends and neighbors at Inn at Avila Beach, not us. Please contact TripAdvisor, OR delete and re-post this review to it's rightful owners at The Inn at Avila Beach.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 2 September 2017 via mobile

Everything about this hotel was perfect!! Beautiful hotel, romantic room with fireplace and jacuzzi on the patio!!!! Will definitely be back! New favorite hotel in Avila beach!! A true hidden gem! Stayed here for my birthday and they made it so special!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Chondra L
Chris K, General Manager at Avila Village Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2017

Dear Chondra,

What a lovely review! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. I was thrilled that all aspects of your stay were enjoyable. We hope to have you back as our guests again in the near future.

Hospitably,

Reviewed 1 September 2017

This was our last stay on our road trip home. We love this hotel. Fireplace, decor, double sinks in bathroom, etc. Beautiful place. The only problem is the bathtub which is luxurious but very hard to get into. If you have any physical limitations you want to take this into consideration. Evidently there are rooms with walk in showers.

Room Tip: One without the large bathtub unless you are tall or have very long legs!
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Benthien

Dear Benthien,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share feedback regarding your recent visit to the Avila Village Inn! I was so happy to hear that you found the decor, level of amenities and service to be impeccable. I can completely understand your frustrations about the Jacuzzi tub. We are working on a solution to this very issue to alleviate this problem completely. Please reach out to us directly the next time you plan a visit to the area so that I can be sure to get you a room with a walk-in shower.

chris@avilavillageinn.com

Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

Hidden among condos and an athletic club, this hotel is a gem worth visiting. Check in was easy and we were given a second floor room by choice. Inside the room is a large bathroom with double sinks, glass shower and a separate deep whirlpool tub. The towels and robes were think and soft. The bedroom included a fireplace, refrigerator and coffee maker.
Included with the room rate is full and free access to the athletic club next to the hotel. It has it all: lap pool, tennis courts, weight rooms, ping pong and pool table. Food and drinks also available-spend the whole day! Also, the hotel offers free bike check out since the bike path to Avila Beach and San Luis Obispo is right there.
The only negative thing I found was the air conditioner was very loud & air in the room was very dry.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dianne H

Dear Dianne H,

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback regarding your recent visit to the Avila Village Inn. We work hard to ensure that each and every guest enjoys their time with us, and I was so thrilled to hear that your visit was no exception.

I always love when someone brings to attention the many wonderful amenities which come standard in our guestrooms such as the gas fireplace, dual sinks, large shower enclosures, Keurig coffee maker and refrigerator. I was so excited to hear you mention our new bigger and better towels and robes, we upgraded those items this summer for our guests enjoyment.

Besides the Inn itself, I'm glad you were able to enjoy the Avila Bay Athletic Club and Spa's facilities. I apologize that your A/C unit was noisy during your visit and will be having an inspection completed on your unit to ensure that this issue does not plague another guests visit.

Until next time,

6.9 km away
The Inn at the Cove
The Inn at the Cove
#1 of 29 in Pismo Beach

Been to Avila Village Inn? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK