All reviewsathletic clubthe bob jones trailhot tubcraftsman stylebike pathtennis courtshealth club next doorprivate jacuzzicontinental breakfastfree bikestucked awayget awaygeneral storebagelshuge bathroomgolf coursegas fireplace
Reviewed 1 September 2017

This was our last stay on our road trip home. We love this hotel. Fireplace, decor, double sinks in bathroom, etc. Beautiful place. The only problem is the bathtub which is luxurious but very hard to get into. If you have any physical limitations you want to take this into consideration. Evidently there are rooms with walk in showers.

Room Tip: One without the large bathtub unless you are tall or have very long legs!
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Benthien
Chris K, General Manager at Avila Village Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2017

Dear Benthien,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share feedback regarding your recent visit to the Avila Village Inn! I was so happy to hear that you found the decor, level of amenities and service to be impeccable. I can completely understand your frustrations about the Jacuzzi tub. We are working on a solution to this very issue to alleviate this problem completely. Please reach out to us directly the next time you plan a visit to the area so that I can be sure to get you a room with a walk-in shower.

chris@avilavillageinn.com

Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

Hidden among condos and an athletic club, this hotel is a gem worth visiting. Check in was easy and we were given a second floor room by choice. Inside the room is a large bathroom with double sinks, glass shower and a separate deep whirlpool tub. The towels and robes were think and soft. The bedroom included a fireplace, refrigerator and coffee maker.
Included with the room rate is full and free access to the athletic club next to the hotel. It has it all: lap pool, tennis courts, weight rooms, ping pong and pool table. Food and drinks also available-spend the whole day! Also, the hotel offers free bike check out since the bike path to Avila Beach and San Luis Obispo is right there.
The only negative thing I found was the air conditioner was very loud & air in the room was very dry.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dianne H

Dear Dianne H,

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback regarding your recent visit to the Avila Village Inn. We work hard to ensure that each and every guest enjoys their time with us, and I was so thrilled to hear that your visit was no exception.

I always love when someone brings to attention the many wonderful amenities which come standard in our guestrooms such as the gas fireplace, dual sinks, large shower enclosures, Keurig coffee maker and refrigerator. I was so excited to hear you mention our new bigger and better towels and robes, we upgraded those items this summer for our guests enjoyment.

Besides the Inn itself, I'm glad you were able to enjoy the Avila Bay Athletic Club and Spa's facilities. I apologize that your A/C unit was noisy during your visit and will be having an inspection completed on your unit to ensure that this issue does not plague another guests visit.

Until next time,

Reviewed 16 August 2017

near avila beach, avila barn and avila hot spring. good for family trip. The hotel is clean, adequate space, breakfast provided. Private jacuzzi with each room. near hiking trail, Overall, the experience is good.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank sekura_tw
Chris K, General Manager at Avila Village Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2017

Dear Sekura_tw,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your recent experience with other travelers. We we're so pleased that you enjoyed your stay at that you we're able to take advantage of our proximity to hiking and biking trails. We hope you'll consider another visit to the Central Coast in the near future.

Kindly,

Reviewed 16 August 2017

My wife and I frequent Avila Beach area at least once per year. We generally stay at Sycamore Mineral Springs when we visit the area. So our comparison will be with a King Suite at Sycamore.
Pros
Hotel is absolutely beautiful and well kept. The Pictures do not do it justice.
The room is nicely appointed with a Keurig Machine and mini Fridge.
The bathroom is huge. It is rare that a shower at a hotel is bigger than at our residence.
The room was nicely appointed and the sheets and bed comfortable.
I like the small feel of this hotel. The rooms are basically around an interior court yard with huge fire place.
The room itself had its own fire place which was a plus.
The hotel is very clean and you can tell they take great pride in caring for the facilities.
A great perk is the access to the country club next door with gym, restaurant tennis and large pools.
Staff was great when around and very kind and knowledgeable about the area.
Free bikes are a perk. However they limit it to two hours.

Cons
We had a hot tub suite and it was nothing like what was pictured. Our room had no privacy with people walking by while we enjoyed the hot tub. At Sycamore it was totally private and you could soak in the tub naked if you wanted to.
No mineral water in the hot tubs.
The included breakfast was pretty sorry. I agree with the other review, just don't offer it is better than having something completely weak.

All in all it was nice to get away. Stay hear if you are looking for amenities. I would recommend the place down the street if you are looking for privacy.

Room Tip: Get a hot tub room on the second floor. More private
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear badgerlaw2000,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your recent experience with other travelers. We work hard to ensure that each and every guest has an outstanding experience when visiting our hotel. I was so pleased to read that you found the Inn to be comfortable and well appointed, and that you found everything to be clean. Most of all I was thrilled that you found the staff helpful and friendly.

I apologize that you did not enjoy your room location. We do have some rooms that are not as private as others and can definitely recommend more secluded rooms should you decide to pay us another visit.

Since your review we have removed our continental breakfast and decided to focus our attention on other aspects of the hotel instead. We realized that we we're limited to what we could offer our guests for breakfast, and with so many other wonderful choices nearby, we know that removing breakfast and lowering our rates by the value was the best way to proceed. We are proud to offer room service breakfast from The Oasis Grille, and have worked with Woodstone Deli & Marketplace to offer our guests 10% off breakfast. Guests of the Inn also receive 10% off at Mulligans Bar & Grill at the Avila Beach Golf Resort, as well as The Old Custom House Restaurant in downtown Avila Beach. All these wonderful breakfast options are available within walking distance to the Inn.

Again, we appreciate your feedback and hope to have you back as our guests again in the near future.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 15 August 2017

I stayed here for a summer vacation. I am absolutely satisfied with everything Avila offered and definitely coming back whenever I can. I enjoyed the morning and evening walk through the path behind the Inn. Just walking around the area was very relaxing and healing.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank michellecI4136TG

Dear michellecI4136TG,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Inn. We always love to hear from repeat guests because it let's us know how we're doing year over year. I couldn't agree more that our serene location makes for a peaceful visit to the Central Coast.

We hope to have you back again soon!

Hospitably,