“AMAZING, FULL OF SURPRISES! WE'LL BE BACK!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Inn at Avila Beach

Inn at Avila Beach
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Avila Beach
Santa Barbara, California
“AMAZING, FULL OF SURPRISES! WE'LL BE BACK!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2012

This was one of the most fun places we've stayed at. A room full of surprises. This was more than a place to drop your head. This place is a retreat. We stayed in the owner's suite and it was furnished with everything to make our visit enjoyable. We loved the fireplace and the large jacuzzi. Every cabinet had surprises in them from sterio set-up, Videos to watch, 3 types of coffee from beans to grind, pre-ground or instant, a tea selection and popcorn to enjoy with one of the movies. Room was furnished more than a traditional hotel room with lots of extras dressed in an old world mexico feel with beautiful tile trims and faux painted rooms. Loved the plush rugs on the bathroom floor. Room was VERY clean and we did not have to ask for anything extra as there was more than enough of everything. The VIEWS from this room are fantastic. It has a balcony with comfy furniture. If you love the sites and sounds of the oean, you'll love the owner's suite. We would recommend this place to anyone. We peeked into some rooms that were being cleaned to see how they differ. What I think makes this place interesting is the fact that the rooms are decorated differently. This is not a cookie cutter hotel. They are very creative with what they have done with the room space. It has a very welcoming feel to it. Management is very friendly. You can't miss with this one. Location is right on the beach in the heart of Avila Beach. Walk out onto the pier or to all the shops and restaurants. You can practically roll out of bed to the bakery/coffee shop. Great!

Room Tip: Hotels usually will show you a room if you ask.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
Bakersfield, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2012

So I was referred to The Inn at Avila Beach by my best friend. So I decided to surprise my husband and take him there for his birthday the weekend 1/27/12. Let me just start by saying, AMAZING! We stayed in Room 213 which is a spa retreat. It had a jucuzzi tub, big bed, canopy bed by the window and an updated bathroom. The decor is spanish colors and that made the place more comfortable. If your looking for a hotel all in white and has a OCD cleaning feel to it, this is not the place. This is like home away from home but with WORKS! The sun deck on the place really made the stay even better (if that was at all possible)! We took a bottle of champagne up to the roof and watched the sunset. The weather was amazing that weekend about 75 and during the day we hungout either on the sundeck reading or on the beach. We went to every place we could find to eat and my top choices if you wanna have fun & drinks in the sun would be Mr. Ricks (chicken nachos bomb) for a nice dinner (kinda pricey, but the best steaks) Old Custom house! The weekend was something we will never forget and this is some place we plan on coming back to but with all our friends or family! See you this summer INN!!!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Palm Desert, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2012

My fiancee' and I stayed at this hotel last year, and as we're planning to back soon, I was stunned at a few reviews that indicated they were disappointed. We LOVED this place, and we're picky! The general manager was warm and welcoming and upgraded us to a spa room as it was available. Our room was clean, charming, and wonderfully quiet. The rooftop outdoor living room is absolutely the best, and we loved having cracked crab and cold beer while watching the sun set. The rates were very affordable and I would absolutely go back.

Room Tip: Go for the spa room or better - the ones with the views are hard to get but worth a little extra mon...
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
Caldwell, Idaho
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2012

My family and I stayed at this hotel on a Sunday night in January 2012. We made a reservation and paid $143.10 for a Family Deluxe Suite. (ie: the same as my sister-in-law and her family 312) We however were very disappointed with the room we were initially given (204), which did NOT have a full kitchen in it (as my sister-in-law had). We were also on the 2nd floor and she was on the 3rd floor. When I brought this to staff on hand (Lori), she tried to tell me that we could use my sister-in-law's kitchen to cook. Really?? That is not what I paid for. I either wanted a discount on the room we DID get or I wanted to be moved to a room with a full kitchen, L/R w/ 2 sofa sleepers and a private bdrm...which is what we paid for and what we reserved on the hotel's website. Lori switched us to a 3rd floor room (304) which again was disappointing. We got the kitchen w/ stove, oven, microwave and a SMALL refrigerator (my sister-in-law's was bigger)....however, NO living room, instead 2 double beds and the private bdrm.

It seems that there may be different versions of the Family Deluxe Suite, which if true, is NOT listed on the website. I believe the website has some misleading information regarding the rooms and what the prices are for the types of rooms available.

Also, our room (kitchen in particular), appeared a bit rundown. The towel rod in our bathroom pulled straight out of the wall with a simple towel hung on it after a shower. The up-side: the Sundeck was nice and the staff were nice. The free movies were a plus.

I hope you find this helpful....thank you!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Becky S
Plainwell, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2012

I was pleasantly surprised by the warm atmosphere that we four encountered at the Avila Beach Inn...bright, colorful and comfortable (literally). My husband and I spent the night in an oceanfront room with a living room, separate bedroom, and nicely-sized porch. A family recreation area exists on the first level, with a fireplace, plenty of seating, wine glasses, games and movies, to use downstairs or in our rooms. Our in-laws stayed in a family suite...huge, and full of pull-out beds for the kids. Both rooms had flat-screened TVs and DVRs. The decor is "Old Mexico," full of stucco, mosaic, and artwork. I love this place and want to return some day, for a romantic anniversary. Perfect!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
4.3 km away
Spyglass Inn
Spyglass Inn
#11 of 27 in Pismo Beach

Been to Inn at Avila Beach? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK