Inn at Avila Beach
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
San Luis Bay Inn(Avila Beach)
  • Pool
Avila Village Inn(Avila Beach)
Spyglass Inn(Pismo Beach)
View Hotel
Shell Beach Inn(Shell Beach)
View Hotel
The Inn at the Cove(Pismo Beach)
View Hotel
All reviewssun deckocean frontpiecookiesno elevatorthird floorrecord playerboogie boardsice creamday bedcourtyard roomsand toysmicrowave popcornan older hotelbeach housethe upper deckwatch the sunset
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 January 2012

My fiancee' and I stayed at this hotel last year, and as we're planning to back soon, I was stunned at a few reviews that indicated they were disappointed. We LOVED this place, and we're picky! The general manager was warm and welcoming and upgraded us to a spa room as it was available. Our room was clean, charming, and wonderfully quiet. The rooftop outdoor living room is absolutely the best, and we loved having cracked crab and cold beer while watching the sun set. The rates were very affordable and I would absolutely go back.

Room Tip: Go for the spa room or better - the ones with the views are hard to get but worth a little extra money.
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 January 2012

My family and I stayed at this hotel on a Sunday night in January 2012. We made a reservation and paid $143.10 for a Family Deluxe Suite. (ie: the same as my sister-in-law and her family 312) We however were very disappointed with the room we were initially given (204), which did NOT have a full kitchen in it (as my sister-in-law had). We were also on the 2nd floor and she was on the 3rd floor. When I brought this to staff on hand (Lori), she tried to tell me that we could use my sister-in-law's kitchen to cook. Really?? That is not what I paid for. I either wanted a discount on the room we DID get or I wanted to be moved to a room with a full kitchen, L/R w/ 2 sofa sleepers and a private bdrm...which is what we paid for and what we reserved on the hotel's website. Lori switched us to a 3rd floor room (304) which again was disappointing. We got the kitchen w/ stove, oven, microwave and a SMALL refrigerator (my sister-in-law's was bigger)....however, NO living room, instead 2 double beds and the private bdrm.

It seems that there may be different versions of the Family Deluxe Suite, which if true, is NOT listed on the website. I believe the website has some misleading information regarding the rooms and what the prices are for the types of rooms available.

Also, our room (kitchen in particular), appeared a bit rundown. The towel rod in our bathroom pulled straight out of the wall with a simple towel hung on it after a shower. The up-side: the Sundeck was nice and the staff were nice. The free movies were a plus.

I hope you find this helpful....thank you!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Becky S
Reviewed 14 January 2012

I was pleasantly surprised by the warm atmosphere that we four encountered at the Avila Beach Inn...bright, colorful and comfortable (literally). My husband and I spent the night in an oceanfront room with a living room, separate bedroom, and nicely-sized porch. A family recreation area exists on the first level, with a fireplace, plenty of seating, wine glasses, games and movies, to use downstairs or in our rooms. Our in-laws stayed in a family suite...huge, and full of pull-out beds for the kids. Both rooms had flat-screened TVs and DVRs. The decor is "Old Mexico," full of stucco, mosaic, and artwork. I love this place and want to return some day, for a romantic anniversary. Perfect!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 December 2011

My sisters have stayed here several times and loved it, so this was finally OUR time to have the experience. We booked The Owner's Suite, called "the most romantic room on the central coast" by the owner. We were greeted by a dozen red roses on the table! The room overlooked the ocean and had a large fireplace so that you could enjoy both the flame of the fire and the ocean view simultaneously. The room had a large hot tub that we did not use. We enjoyed sitting on the balcony and listening to the waves. The entire top floor is a lounging area with BBQs, hammocks, couches, and ice (so you dont have to run downstairs to get some). Every employee was friendly and made our stay a positive one. The lobby has
coffee, tea, popcorn, and all kinds of utensils you can borrow during your stay. Every room in this hotel is different, so it really depends on which room you get. I suggest getting a room facing the ocean for a stay you will long treasure. Also, you can just walk to dinner or wine tasting.
coff

Room Tip: The ocean facing rooms are darling. We were able to keep our sliding glass door open all night so we could hear the waves. Look at the brochure to find the room that fits your needs.
  • Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 November 2011

We enjoyed this quaint hotel. Old but comfortable. Area quiet this time of year. Manager very helpful. Loved Joe's Mamma coffee shop next door.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family