“Paradise”

and 1 more site!
La Paloma Cottages Las Flores
Reviewed 20 August 2013

I stayed in La Paloma Las Flores one week ago and it was the most charming hotel ever. Catalina island itself is charming in a small town kind of way, but as soon as you step through the entrance of this hotel it's like you are stepping onto a tropical island. I stayed in room/apartment 1 which was the most basic room available, breakfast was included in the price. The bed was comfy and the room was clean. There was a fridge, microwave and coffee machine tucked into a little side part of the room but it did not come with a kitchenette like some of the other rooms do (but we did not require one). The hotel is tucked away in a side street (Sunny Lane) but is about 5 minutes or less walk from the sea front and main shops/restaurants. The owners, Esther and Toni, were incredibly friendly and helpful and spent time with me and my family for much of the morning. I would recommend this hotel and I can't wait to take my family back to show them this little paradise hotel tucked away on Catalina Island. On a side note this is not a luxury modern hotel, this is a charming, well kept place full of character and charm.

Room Tip: If you are with a stroller the smaller number rooms are best as they are closest to the bottom of th...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Alexandra R
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 11 July 2013

This property feels like home. There is one cottage here that offers the best view of the town and it looks amazing in the morning. We got free continental breakfast in the morning and Tony (owner) is a really nice guy!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Ejay L
Reviewed 10 June 2013

I have stayed in every category of hotel available in the 43 countries I have visited. I stayed at La Paloma Las Flores when I was a child. We spent many fun summers there after arriving on the steamer.

I returned to Los Angeles, Friday, May 31, 2013 from another stay at La Paloma. La Las Flores. This is Catalina as it was. The manager gave me a tour of the rooms and I was delighted to see how clean, well maintained, and charming they still are. The managers have made so many improvements. It is truly colorful and a nice place to stay. It is what I would call Catalina Remembered. The ambiance is Catalina of the Wrigley Era.

The location is great. One block up from the beach, nestled between Von's and the Plaza. There is also a laundry mat between La Paloma and Von's as well as Radio Shack for all of you who forgot needed cords and memory sticks.

The upper rooms have a view of the harbor over the rooftops and the best place to view the sunrise over Buena Vista Point.

The managers were so gracious. If I needed anything all I had to do was ask. I did not have to ask for much.

I thoroughly enjoyed the patios and barbeques available. We had a wedding reception there six years ago and the gardens were ideal. They are even more beautiful now.

Remember, it is not The Ritz, it is the last of the original Catalina hotels. It is great for anyone wanting old Catalina charm and friendly atmosphere.

I am perplexed why anyone who was not satisfied did not inform the managers. They would have fixed the problems immediately.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank suzanne s
Reviewed 7 April 2013

We just came from a charming La Paloma Las Flores. This was a great location to everything. The price was right and they gave us one night when all others said two night minimum. The manager Tony was very helpful, providing us with a few extra things we asked for and with a smile. It was clean and comfortable. Pretty basic but all we wanted to to sleep there and be able to walk to town. Tony kept our bags after we checked out while we ziplined. This helped us alot!I would recommend La Paloma Las Flores to anyone. Thank You and next visit to Catalina we will book at La Paloma Las Flores.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank KathleenF168
Reviewed 6 August 2012

Friends of mine stayed here 2 years ago and thought this little place was charming. Unfortunately, their experience didn't live up to our expectations. The rooms were dirty, left behind from the previous guests was hair and sand both in the bathrooms and bedroom area including in the sheets. This was the circumstance for my room as well as 2 other rooms in our party. I also reserved Unit A which boasted the label of a mini suite. This was sadly over stated as there was a small refrigerator and coffee maker. Where was the kitchenette promised on line? The towels hung in the rooms were damp and not fresh. The patio area for shared guests was littered with cigarette butts, used glasses and beer cans. Why wouldn't a hotel employee clean this up? The trash sat there for more than one night For almost $250 per night, we felt like we had over paid and vowed never to return. The new Pavilion Hotel in town wasn't much more in price and would be a much better option.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family