Snug Harbor Inn
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Avalon
See available hotels
Catalina Island Inn(Avalon)
  • Bar/Lounge
The Avalon Hotel(Avalon)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsgranolasanta catalinafresh baked breadeach morningsan nicolaswine and cheesecatalina islandsound machinebreakfast deliveredjetted tubcontinental breakfastsoft music playingbeautiful breakfastother guestsgas fireplacebottle of champagnefull ocean view
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 March 2012

On our way to Disneyland we decided to spend the night on the island. It was my first time and my better half had been there before. It was her birthday vacation and it couldn't have started in a better way. As for the room she couldn't stop saying "so cute".
Loved everything about it. Will return and stay at Snug Harbor Inn.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 March 2012

If you haven't been to Santa Catalina Island, you must do so. The Four Preps weren't kidding when they called it the "island of romance". Avalon is without a doubt the prettiest most easy going place we have visited in forty years of traveling. Though it's not for children (little to do for them), it is a couples paradise.

And right in the middle of it on the water is the Snug Harbor Inn, a six room quite elegant B&B where breakfast is served in your room and it is fantastic! The rooms have wonderful fireplaces for the winter traveler, and each room bears the name of one of the Channel Islands. We stayed in the Anacapa Room two nights and in the Santa Catalina for one night. They are both excellent, but the more expensive Santa Catalina is a corner room facing both the harbor and town and is worth every penny of the extra cost. You will see that there is no more centrally located hotel room in Avalon.

Go to the cab stand one block away and ask for #23 Jose. For less than $100 he will take you on a complete tour of Avalon and the surrounding hills; and he is an excellent tour guide. Great pictures.

Last, but particularly not least, the staff at the Snug Harbor offered the best service we have ever experienced anywhere, B&B or hotel. Way yo go Alex, Donna and Jesse! They will make you feel at home and help you in any way possible.

Room Tip: The Snug Harbor is all on the second floor and it is a walk up, no elevator; but the guys will be glad to help with luggage and the stairs are no problem even for seniors. One block away is Steve's Steakhouse. Don't miss it!
2  Thank youngerone
Reviewed 8 March 2012

The Snug Harbor Inn was perfect in every way--spit-shine clean rooms, high quality furniture and in-room entertainment, beautiful decorations, and impressive amenities and perks such as complimentary room-service breakfast and evening wine and cheese. Location in the heart of downtown right on the beach didn't hurt either. To top it off, I experienced the most impressive and courteous service from the staff I ever had at any hotel. For the price I paid, I would rate the hotel value a 10/10. I know where I'll be staying the next time my girlfriend and I go to Catalina!

Room Tip: The Santa Cruz room is wonderful!
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 February 2012

Based on reviews I saw on Trip Advisor, I planned a 10-year anniversary weekend at Avalon and chose the Snug Harbor Inn for the lodging. We arrived after 8PM and checked in. Our room was comfortable, tastefully furnished and we were greeted by a bottle of champagne (as I mentioned this was a special occasion). Our room overlooked Sumner, but had an amazing view of the Avalon Casino. The amenities that were provided in the romantic island setting made for the perfect weekend, that really made us forget the workweek we finished. The staff was friendly adn their continental breakfast that included fresh baked breads, granola, yogurt, coffee and juice gave a great start to the day. There are six rooms and I understood all were occupied, but it was so quiet and relaxing, we felt we had the place to ourself.

Room Tip: All of the rooms include fireplace and jacuzzi bath, but for views, two rooms actually overlook the harbor.
1  Thank John W
Reviewed 24 February 2012

The experience was awesome. The room was very nice and set up for a very romantic experience. Enjoyed the whirlpool tub, the fireplace in the room and especially enjoyed the afternoon wine and cheese and continental breakfast. The Inn made our brief stay on Catalina Island very special. All the staff were very friendly and helpful. If we ever make it back to Catalina Island will definately stay there again and will recommend it to anyone who goes to Catalina. Thanks for a great experience.