1,208 results
All reviewsfire pitwine and cheesecatalina islandwine hourlounge chairsevery afternooncontinental breakfastturn down servicezip lineperfect locationcatalina expressbagelsgarden areastarbucks coffeepeople watchingthe hotel offersyour luggage
Reviewed 5 December 2017 via mobile

When I checked into the Pavilion, I didn't realize there wasn't an elevator & being a bit gimpy, I asked for a change. I don't remember the exact chain of events but the second room had a problem with the thermostat...by now I was getting annoyed & I was completely exhausted & hungry. Another room & another problem & now we missed the wonderful wine & cheese daily happy hour. Okay now we had to get the manager involved. Once the manager arrived, he straightened things out & put a fire under everyone. He also got us a nice cheese plate with some champagne to make up for for things. After that, it was an extremely pleasant stay.
I'm a bit of a coffee addict so when a roving barista showed up the next morning, there's a chance I audibly squealed with joy :) Breakfast was also fantastic.
The grounds are landscaped beautifully & even though the hotel is convenient to everything, its secluded & relaxing when you need a little quiet time. I will definitely be back & thats 100% attributed to the manager turning my attitude & experience around. Big thanks for that.
Go to Catalina & when you get there, stay at the Pavilion!

Enjoy!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
CatalinaSCICo, General Manager at Pavilion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2017

Marge,
I'm glad we were able to offer you an enjoyable stay at the Pavilion Hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 3 December 2017 via mobile

Great Hotel. Close to everything. Lovely gardens. Clean. Extra perks like breakfast and wine / cheese were very nice. Staff friendly and accommodating. Rooms smallish, but clean, comfortable beds,etc. Nice garden patio outside room. Would definitely stay again

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Gwenm,
Thank you for choosing the Pavilion Hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 3 December 2017

This hotel was a total surprise. We have stayed in some pretty awful placed on Catalina, but this hotel was not one of them. We were invited for wine and cheese at 4:30 upon arrival. Then we had a four star full breakfast in the morning. The beds were comfy, the staff was super friendly. The rooms were clean, and we were right on the ocean front. Our rooms didn't have a view of the ocean, but the grounds were so beautiful, that it didn't matter. There were lounges around a green area, and a fire pit that was in great demand every evening. There is an elevator for someone who is wheelchair bound. The hotel is only two stories high. This is now our go to place on Catalina!

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Gerri,
Thank you for choosing the Pavilion Hotel. I'm glad to hear that we are now your go to place on the island! We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 22 November 2017

I have stayed at a couple of hotels around Avalon, and this one is by far my favorite. It is an easy walk from the ferry drop-off point to the hotel, and a concierge will haul your bags for you (we did not talk advantage of this service, but I saw someone from the hotel waiting for guests coming off the ferry).

The rooms were not ready when we arrived, which was a disappointment, but not surprising since we were early for check-in time and it was a busy weekend. If you're diving, there are no special accommodations made for divers that I could see, so you have to haul your gear to the Point yourself and clean it when you get back home.

The best thing about the place was the ambiance. The hotel is situated with a large garden right on the waterfront, on the front street. It feels like a private escape from what can be a busy front street. There is a fire pit and plenty of seating throughout the area. If it is cold, there is some indoor seating and gas heaters around the garden. They have a cheese and wine reception every evening, which is a great aperitif before dinner, and a hot breakfast in the morning. Breakfast was nothing to write home about, but there were plenty of options, and I did see a jar of Nutella (yum!).

Oh, I forgot to mention the turn-down service. If you are early to bed, make sure to put the "Do Not Disturb" sign up or they will knock and then come in, which can be pretty startling if you are not expecting it. Otherwise, I heard it is pretty good, although I can't speak for it myself because I was already asleep.

Last thing: they do bed size the European way. Single or double. For two in one bed, it is a little close if you're used to a big bed. Just something to keep in mind. It may be different in a single room (one bed).

Highly recommend this hotel. The staff was friendly, the rooms clean. Great location right by Green Pier. And the cost is really reasonable given what you get out of it.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family

Dear Lauren,
Thank you for choosing the Pavilion Hotel. I appreciate your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 14 November 2017 via mobile

I have been coming to Catalina Island for years, and tried out many different accommodations. This is now the only place I will stay. The staff is friendly, helpful, and competent to a person. We missed our ferry coming over (traffic in LA?) and thus missed the included wine and cheese hour. The clerk got us glasses of wine as we were checking in, so appreciated! Then when we got to the room a box of chocolates was waiting. There is a full breakfast included. You can walk everywhere from the hotel, including the amazing new museum. When you are ready to relax, there are lounges in the beautiful garden with towels provided, and a fire pit for the evening. The rooms have every amenity you can think of, like a refrigerator, coffee maker, etc. The desk clerk will even give you discount coupons for other places on the island.
This is the only place to stay on Catalina.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank LoveTrippin2

Dear LoveTrippin2,
Thank you for choosing the Pavilion Hotel. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.