All reviewstaco bellred lion issmall poolstay there againvisiting familystaff was helpful and friendlyclean towelsfront desk clerklake tahoecomfortable roomgrocery storewestern statescontinental breakfastmini fridgepool and hot tubtelevisioncarpeting
Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

Pluses and negatives about our stay. Price was better than the Best Western in Auburn. The room was hot when we entered and it took a very noisy AC unit multiple hours to cool. The toilet hardly flushed and was near nonfunctional. Bed was OK but not great. Breakfast looked like it had possibilities but the sausage patties were certainly cooked on prior days and warmed up. The security latch was coming loose from the door jam and would not have stopped a persistent child. After breakfast I used the lobby restroom. It had no hand soap or paper towels. The toilet only worked slightly better. Maybe they are low volume water efficient but they don't function well. There was a small ant infestation throughout our room 120. Don't stay in that one. Pet policy was fair and price low to keep our dog with us. Could not hear any noise from another room but that was because the AC unit was so loud.

When the Golden Key is booked maybe we will try the Holiday Inn next time.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 August 2017

I arrived at 3:30 and waited for 45 minutes to register. The front desk clerk was checking rooms for availability. There was a gentleman in front of me that was told to come back at five. I got checked in, and was given my keys, but not made to find a better way in to the building than through the front door as told by staff. I had stayed next door a month early, but thought I would splurge on this trip. For 50$ more I got a dirty room, a/c not working well (front desk tried to fix, but was unable to), people in motel smoking pot, dirty wash cloth on table that smelled up eating area, no swim pool was very cold. Staff was less than friendly, even using attitude on me and others staying at motel, when we asked for assistance. Going back to Motel 6 next time. Clean room and the 50 dollars will buy a great meal.

Room Tip: Expensive for what you get.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 August 2017

Extremely HAPPY & HELPFUL staff. Many hot/cold options of complimentary breakfast. Swimming pool & heated spa were very clean. The hotel property location was right off the interstate. Various restaurants next door.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 30 July 2017

Room was nice size. Bed comfortable and pillow good. We we were in a Nonsmoking room, but there were burns on carpet and some one had put a plastic bag over the smoke detector. Right above me it looked like some blood spatter on the ceiling.

They said it was a continental breakfast, but it was good. Full breakfast.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 July 2017

First impression was not good because the key cards didn't work in outside doors and the staff of 1 was rude about it and really didn't care. the wake up call on 2nd day never happened. It was clean except for the two items mentioned before.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business