All reviews taco bell red lion is small pool stay there again visiting family staff was helpful and friendly clean towels front desk clerk lake tahoe comfortable room western states grocery store continental breakfast mini fridge pool and hot tub television carpeting
Reviewed 26 February 2017

Stayed on a Monday night. They have no elevator, but we wanted a quiet night so drug our luggage upstairs to our room 212. The room wasn't bad in itself, with two queen beds, a fridge, microwave and coffee maker. We had a nice bottle of wine that needed to be chilled, so I grabbed the little ice bucket to make a trip to vending. There was a used candy wrapper in the container-yuck! Lady at front desk quickly got another container and brought it to our room. Ok, maybe just an unfortunate oversight.
I decided to take a hot bath. While I was in the tub, I noticed a ring of mold and filth where the joints of the enclosure came together.
Next morning we made coffee only to realize we were given just one paper coffee cup for our room. The final blow was the breakfast room. The chair's upholstery was so covered in stains that the original pattern of the material couldn't be seen. So disgusting.
Red Lion used to be a symbol of quality. This dirty, run down hotel is no way a reflection of that. Would NEVER stay here again.

Room Tip: Upstairs is quieter, but have no elevator
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 December 2016

It was very quiet. It just wasnt that clean, i had to reach inside the toilet to flush it. The sheets smelled like dog.the tv was terible. The shower was dirty, with hair and spatters on the walls of the shower. I normally wouldnt complain. I dont think i will return. Comprible to a motel 6. Which is much cheaper

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 December 2016

Easy to get to from highway and nice friendly service from front desk. Would stay again in future for sure. Lots of places to eat and play down the street from property which is really nice to have. Bundle up!

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 November 2016

I was forced to stay overnight in Auburn due to a closure of Interstate 80 (snow / accidents). I found no negative issues with this hotel. Happy and would return. Location was close to I80 and restaurants / food.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 November 2016

Lady on the phone indicated full breakfast. The reality was very poor. Cheap bread, machine that required 10 minutes to get enough waffle batter to cook. Breakfast police that told me I could not take food out of the room, even though I told him I had a sick wife that could only eat dry toast. I was really stealing when the bread was the absolute cheapest they could find. I estimate $0.89 a loaf.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family