All reviews taco bell father's day red lion is met my expectations room was clean small pool stay there again visiting family staff was helpful and friendly front desk clerk mini fridge old town lake tahoe continental breakfast western states grocery store grass valley
Reviewed 18 December 2016

Easy to get to from highway and nice friendly service from front desk. Would stay again in future for sure. Lots of places to eat and play down the street from property which is really nice to have. Bundle up!

Date of stay: December 2016
Reviewed 27 November 2016

I was forced to stay overnight in Auburn due to a closure of Interstate 80 (snow / accidents). I found no negative issues with this hotel. Happy and would return. Location was close to I80 and restaurants / food.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 22 November 2016

Lady on the phone indicated full breakfast. The reality was very poor. Cheap bread, machine that required 10 minutes to get enough waffle batter to cook. Breakfast police that told me I could not take food out of the room, even though I told him I had a sick wife that could only eat dry toast. I was really stealing when the bread was the absolute cheapest they could find. I estimate $0.89 a loaf.

Reviewed 11 November 2016 via mobile

It is always nice to be greeted when you are trying to check in to your room. That certainly was not the case here. The woman at the desk was less than friendly. She seemed like it was upsetting to her to have to check someone in. No hello, what can I do for you. Our room had a nice king size bed. There was a coffee maker in the room. Also a mini fridge and microwave. The a/c unit was very loud and disruptive when trying to sleep. It was hard to get the water to come on in the shower. Breakfast had a good selection of food choices. Hot eggs and sausage. Waffles, instant oatmeal, yogurt, cold cereals, hard boiled eggs, etc. Coffee, tea and juices.

Date of stay: November 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 October 2016

We stayed here for 1 night before my son's wedding. The room was adequate. The bed (king-sized) was large and comfortable. The TV was fine. We also had a small fridge. The bathroom is set up weird with the sink in an open area just inside the door. Problem is if someone opens the door while you are at the sink the whole hall can see you. (So don't be undressed!) The toilet/shower area is tiny. Cleanliness could be MUCH better. I lost something and had to move the bedside table to look under and behind the bed - GROSS! there was an old sock , dust and other yuck that obviously had not been vacuumed in a long time.

The wi-fi was hard to sign into. And the breakfast was the standard fake eggs and turkey sausage patties. One other issue is that they allowed pets and the 2 dogs I saw there came into the breakfast room. Ugh!

Date of stay: September 2016