“Very good Japanese shabu shabu with a Korean twist”

Kochi Korean Bbq & Shabu Shabu
Ranked #29 of 96 Restaurants in Atascadero
Reviewed 27 November 2017

The service is very attentive and the prices are reasonable. This restaurant offers Japanese-and Korean fare.....from sushi to bibimbap. The food is very good, and the interior is bright and cheery. There even is a little playroom for kids whose parents have to wait. This is a great find!

Reviewed 22 August 2017

As Atascadero and North County of San Luis Obispo are not bastions of Asian cuisine I was skeptical what I would find at Kochi. However, I have been very pleasantly surprised with my visits to Kochi. The menu encompasses both Korean and Japanese Sushi offerings and both are very good. While I find that the Korean side is a bit toned down from some I have had (not as spicy), it is fresh, high quality and the abundant side dishes are fun. The sushi side has been very good as well.

The service is good, local young people who seem happy and I see the same faces, which would indicate to me that the management is good. Further indication is I have always seen active management on the floor sometimes serving and backing up the staff. Nice to see. Overall when looking for something different, check it out!

PS. Nice local wine and beer list too.

Reviewed 6 May 2017

We originally went here to have Sushi. They have a large selection of Sushi ans Sashimi. We love the Japanese cuisine but we ended up having Korean dishes after looking at all of the choices. Our meals were excellent. I'm confident that Sushi would have been too after seeing the plates served other diners.

Reviewed 11 April 2017

good service good servings good tasting food. I had been to this establishment under different ownership and completely different food all together. This was a good change for a good meal.

Reviewed 1 April 2017

My family stopped in for sushi, I went with the 905. Excellent ! We haven't tried the Korean side of the restaurant yet, but, will be doing so soon.