We booked a standard room for 1 week-night mid April ($87 tax incl.).
We were pleasantly surprised by this motel (an upgraded motel I would say). The theme is mission style and it is carried out throughout the premisses. The lobby is charming, it features tea, coffee, hot chocolate and cookies, a living-room corner with a fireplace, and a nice dining-room / meeting room with a big flat-screen TV. It must be very pleasant to sit there in wintertime.
Complimentary breakfast is served in a separate area from the lobby, a breakfast room with enough tables and chairs. Breakfast consists of waffles, 3 kinds of toast breads, jams, butter, maple syrup and cream cheese, bagels, hard-boiled eggs, 3 kinds of cereal, 3 kinds of fresh fruits, tea, coffee, milk, OJ.
The pool is a little underwhelming, but there is an adorable little park in the middle of the motel, with garden chairs and tables, mini-pond and fountain, nice flowers, very relaxing.
There is a pond behind the hotel, you can hear the frogs at night.
Although it is close to the freeway, on a large avenue, across a mall, you don't hear anything.
The room: spacious, nice big flat-screen TV with a "clean remote", clean and recent microwave and refrigerator, coffee machine and a nice variety of teas. Clean shower, clean room. We haven't tried the A/C.
On the downside, the beds were just average quality. A little springy (not that you feel any springs, but trampoline-like). But we appreciated having a white "comforter" as bed cover, and not one of those filthy flowery bed covers.
It has many amenities / restaurants / shopping mall close by. There is a Kmart right behind it when you cross the little bridge but you would never guess.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Best Western Casa Grande Inn is located on the beautiful Central Coast of California and offers a wide variety of activities. From walking on Pismo Beach, racing ATVs through the world famous Pismo Dunes, surfing, playing golf, wine tasting, fabulous dining options or just sitting back to watch the gorgeous sunsets...There is something for everyone to enjoy! Traveling with a dog? Not a problem! We only have a handful of designated pet-friendly rooms due to allergies for others, which I'm sure you understand. And the fee is only $20 per night...What a deal! **IMPORTANT! Please note, as of October 11th, our pool, hot tub, laundry and sauna rooms have reopened! They are newly renovated and absolutely beautiful! Come check them out!! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Casa Grande Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Casa Grande Hotel Arroyo Grande
- Best Western Casa Grande Inn Arroyo
- Best Western Arroyo Grande
- Arroyo Grande Best Western