“Thank you D.J.”

Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Arroyo Grande
Truckee, California, United States
“Thank you D.J.”
Reviewed 15 June 2012

I reserved an inexpensive room for a stop on our way to our daughter's graduation at UCSB (Santa Barbara increases their hotel rooms by almost 50% for graduation weekends) the day we were traveling. The booking.com system (which is what the hotel site defaults to) said there was only 1 room left at this price (2 Q - $49). Printed confirmation and then drove 7 hours. They did NOT have ANY reservation for me. A change in plans earlier left us needing only 1 bed so I mentioned this calmly to D.J. the manager on duty that evening. The hotel was busy when I checked in at 9pm and calls were coming in for any vacancies (there were none as the Classic Car event was in town this weekend). After a long exhausting day, I was annoyed, frustrated and finally in tears. D.J. was helpful in finding an accommodation that would fit my needs (non-smoking room).

I know my situation probably incurred the wrath of someone else checking in later to find either no room or a smoking room when they did not need/want it.

Thank you D.J. for helping me out in a frustrating situation. She indicated this has happened before with reserving online at booking.com but she did have other booking.com reservations sitting in front of her. My recommendation is to stay here if you are not looking for luxury as the room was very adequate for the price paid ($42.99 for one bed), BUT, call the motel directly to book your room.

I was also a bit worried about some past reviews from 2010 of bed bugs. There was no issue with this in June 2012.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
San Francisco
Reviewed 10 February 2012

Driving at night stopped and saw the Hampton Inn and the price was double the price of the Premier Inn. The Premier Inn is next to it up the hill. The place is basic. The ice machine was broken. There was a man fixing it. There is no elevator. It was $40-50 the night I stayed. The shower curtain had some mold on it. The lights flickered in the morning and there was a power outage for about 10 minutes. A man came in my room and even though I stated the lights were OK he came in any way since the room below me still had lights out. The hallway walk way was slightly dirty. I found that some people on the ground level were locals using the hotel. One man said he was getting his house fixed up and was staying up here. The rooms are non smoking but people outside the doorways smoking especially the ground floor. The parking was almost all taken near the room. There was even three trucker cab parking spots The room had a refrig and microwave. The towels are good if you like to scratch(thin). They got the job done though.The room was quiet. There is a pool I did not use. The windows did not have a great lock. I would like more security. The door does not have the knob that goes over the door so that the key cannot open the door.No breakfast but for the price not a problem. Close to shopping I went to a Trader Joes then next morning.No clock in the room and the phone system is new and the light on the phone kept blinking like I had messages

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
Shell Beach, California
Reviewed 27 January 2012

I had an awesome stay until I found out that my pit bull wasn't welcome there becuz of what someone else's pit bull did.

Room Tip: stay down stairs lol
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
Arroyo Grande, California
Reviewed 7 December 2011

Ok, one more review, before going to Motel 6 we stayed at the Premier Inn. John the General Manager was a great guy then he moved on and the relief manager DAN came in and he is key heavy jerk. Being a Hotel GM I have never treated any guest like this Jerk did us! He told us that John's dead beat guest have to move on. ( John was giving us a good rate) I called the corp. office and was not offered any compensation for the food left behind or the way we where treated. Besides the fact that it was tweak city and the cops driving in and out John was nice and the front desk staff Teri, Mike were very nice. The rates went up and most of John's guest moved on. Stay at Motel 6 in Pismo Beach Tim the General Manager and his staff are top shelf. STAY AWAY FROM THE PREMIER INN ARROYO GRANDE!!!!!!

Room Tip: the back side had nice sunsets and quite.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank hotelmansteve805

Travellers are raving about these Arroyo Grande hotels

San Mateo, California
Reviewed 25 October 2011

I stayed at the Premier Inn mid August while traveling up the California coast. The Premier Inn is listed in the AAA Tour Book with a rate beginning at $40 and, sure enough, the total cost for my room was $43.58. The front desk staff was welcoming and, when asked, suggested a few restaurants for dinner and breakfast. There is also a booklet in the room with various restaurant menu information. The room was large, clean, with a comfortable bed and had a micro & small fridge. The bathroom and tub / shower was also clean. The Premier Inn is just off the highway on top of a tall hill that overlooks Arroyo Grande. My stay was pleasant, comfortable and relaxing for the night. I would definitely return ....and you can't beat the price.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
3.5 km away
Ocean Palms Motel
Ocean Palms Motel
#14 of 27 in Pismo Beach

Been to Premier Inn? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK