“Dinner”

Ranked #8 of 108 Restaurants in Arcata
Price range: US$ 6 - US$ 36
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Mazzotti's on the Plaza features an exquisite menu, with exciting daily specials. In addition to beer and wine, we offer a full service bar. Seating at the bar in Arcata provides a comfortable place to wait for friends or a table. The atmosphere is warm and inviting; as always the food is outstanding. Everything on the menu is available for take-out. For information or reservations for parties of 6 or more, please call ahead. We look forward to seeing you!
Reviewed 17 July 2017 via mobile

Traveling through California and found this place just north of eureka.. wonderful staff, great fresh made bread, and great Italian menu. I had the scallop with pesto linguine and it was great. My wife had the stuffed chicken alfredo and loved it. Prices were reasonable especially after spending the weekend in San Fran. The pizza looked as amazing as the calzone but we did not try. Too little time for such a great menu.. perfecto!

Date of visit: July 2017
1  Thank Y4851JVdavep

Reviewed 9 July 2017 via mobile

Although Mazzotti's has a rather extensive menu, it took some time to find a meal choice that would fit our budget. My companion ordered spaghetti and meatballs, preceded by a dinner salad. I ordered a'la carte with a grilled chicken breast and steamed vegetables. While waiting for our meals, our server brought freshly baked crusty bread with garlic butter and balsamic. The bread and butter was very tasty. The balsamic vinegar was merely that...no olive oil. My grilled chicken and vegetables were, for lack of a better description, different. The chicken tasted bitter and metallic, and my steamed vegetables were completely aldente...too crisp. I could not eat more than half. My friend needed to add a packet of sugar to her spaghetti to cut the acidity, and the meatballs lacked flavor. It was a bit pricey for pasta and two meatballs.

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed 1 July 2017 via mobile

We were on a road trip down the Pacific Coast Highway and needed to stay for a few days in Arcata. I had gotten an upper respiratory infection and needed a couple of days to recoup. Found this restaurant on trip advisor. It felt like we walked into our favorite hometown family owned Italian restaurant. It was so good, we ate there 2 nights in a row. My husband's chicken parm was done perfectly and my pasta dish was delicious. We both stuffed ourselves. And..we did it again the next night. Although they were very busy, we never felt rushed. The servers were friendly and gladly answered our questions. We felt the prices were reasonable. If you're in the area and are in the mood for Italian, then you must try this place. You won't regret it.

Date of visit: May 2017
1  Thank Gayleaway
Reviewed 1 July 2017

Very friendly staff. Nice downtown area to walk and shop. Mazzotti's was a great place to eat dinner on our visit to this small town. We enjoyed the Italian food and the atmosphere. The food was reasonably priced with an adequate amount. Everyone enjoyed the delicious food and would recommend it to everyone.

Date of visit: June 2017
1  Thank Tracy B
Reviewed 7 June 2017 via mobile

Ate here for dinner as we stopped in the area on vacation. Really great service, very friendly staff! Food was super good, kids ordered pizza and we got the chicken pasta special. Homemade dishes were good. Would highly recommend.

Date of visit: June 2017