“Surprisingly good pizza”

Dutchy's Pizza
Ranked #46 of 108 Restaurants in Arcata
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed 24 February 2018 via mobile

I had yet to try this place as I’m a bit of a pizza snob and rarely does a new (to me) place impress me. We were having a Boy/Cub Scout gathering and it was only a few blocks away so I decided to give it a try and picked up a pizza to go. I was pleasantly surprised as it was quite good. A bit greasy but the flavor was excellent and the crust was crisp. I definitely will be back to try it some more.

Reviewed 2 June 2017

Came in late....They were just closing. Very nice clean, hip eating area. Nice selections of beers. Pizza was outstanding. As good as I've had anywhere. Can't wait to go back.

Reviewed 23 October 2016

We were looking for dinner late at night when we arrived. Duchy's was one of the only places open. What a pleasant surprise! We had salads and a pie to go. What a feast in our motel room!

Reviewed 26 August 2016

We ordered pizza for takeout since this restaurant has no indoor seating area. We asked for salads with onions and olives on the side. They said they couldn't do this. Either the salads had it, or not. How hard is it to put a few of these in the plastic cups they use for their salad dressing? When we got home we discovered that one of the salads had these ingredients and one didn't even though we asked for both without.

The pizzas themselves were just mediocre. We had one with sausage and one with pepperoni.

Note that even though there address is on 11th Street, the entrance is off of K Street. There is no signage on 11th Street and we drove right past it the first time.

Reviewed 4 July 2016

We ordered delivery pizza from here while staying at the Hampton Inn Arcata. The pizza was good and the delivery time was pretty good. We chose this place over the more "chain" pizza delivery place advertised in the area. Good choice. We would choose them again if given the opportunity.

1  Thank Melanie G