“Almost like being in Philly”

Philly Cheese Steak Shoppe
Ranked #21 of 108 Restaurants in Arcata
Price range: US$ 0 - US$ 10
Cuisines: Deli, Pizza
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Description: Ay Yo! Come experience the world famous comfort foods that originated from the birthplace ofAmerica — Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.We import key ingredients direct from Philly to make your cheese steak or hoagie sandwich truly authentic and delicious.Choose from over 18 CHEESE STEAK VARIETIES, also available in low fat chicken and vegetarian, non GMO soy! Complete selection of FRESH DELI HOAGIES and SALADS. We feature homemade sides dishes like Pennsylvania Dutch Coleslaw & our famous "Philly Steak Chili". Be sure to try our famous hand-tossed Garlic Fries or awesome Philly Steak Chili Cheese Fries! Finish your meal with a Tastykake dessert (from Philly, of course!).Our shoppes are jam-packed with fun facts, memorabilia and history about “The City of Brotherly Love.” Stop in for a visit today, and enjoy the best sandwiches in the West served up in a Phun, Phamily, Philly atmosphere!
Reviewed 16 November 2015

I grew up in Philly and fell in love with Amoroso rolls while chowing down hoagies and pizza steaks at Larry's old place on 63rd St. This steak shoppe is the real deal. I live more than 90 minutes away but try to stop by for lunch whenever I'm passing through Arcata. Make sure you get provolone ! Prices are really good and you will leave filled.

1  Thank Gudwill

Reviewed 23 September 2015

I loved this place because I could have a philly cheese steak without the steak but with chicken (don't eat red meat). It was great - price couldn't be beat.

Reviewed 22 July 2015

Stopped here after a day of hiking in the redwoods. We were very hungry and read some good reviews on here and on Yelp. I ordered a cheese steak with jalepenos and ranch and my husband had some special that they were advertising on the wall (can't remember what it was). We both LOVED our sandwiches and considered coming back the next day but felt that we needed to try other places in the area while visiting. I'm regretting that now back in Illinois because I keep thinking about that sandwich and want another so bad! I either need to go back to Cali or Philly...they don't make them like that anywhere near me unfortunately. The shop was easy to get to, had plenty of parking, and was casual but comfortable. Definitely worth a stop in!

Reviewed 10 July 2015

This is an "order at the counter and we'll bring your food to you" kind of place where you are handed a glass and you choose your drink. My wife and I both ordered the Philly Cheese Steak which came with fries and a drink.

There are several booths inside and two tables outside with umbrellas. We sat outside in a light rain, not because the place was crowded but because we wanted to. There were no other customers at the time.

When our food came we were pleasantly surprised at how good it was. I found myself wanting to order another one, it was that good.
I've read several reviews comparing this to East Coast cheese steaks. When I've been on the East Coast I've never tried one, so I'm of no use to you there. If we have the time during this trip we'll visit again. If not, maybe on another trip.

Reviewed 25 June 2015 via mobile

My husband and I are born and raised east coast people but recently moved to the left coast. We were elated to find a Philly Cheesecake place on the west coast and had to try this place. Their Philly Cheesecakes hold up to the best of them! These guys know their Phillys and the place is decked out in Philly decor with a little northwest feel (garlic fries are totally a northwest thing). If you are from the east coast stop in for a slice of home!