Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
NowVoyager42
Bethesda, Maryland

Helpful staff, comfortable beds but unsafe bathroom

3.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 23 Apr 2023
First, the good: The staff we encountered were welcoming and helpful at every turn -- check-in, check-out, breakfast, and housekeeping. The bed was comfortable and we slept well. The AC controls worked very well. The hotel, located off the main road, is quiet. And the smart-TV feature was a nice surprise (meaning we could tap into our own Netflix and Prime Video accounts at night.)

The bad: The bathroom is a disaster waiting to happen -- the tub floor is exceptionally slippery and there's absolutely nothing to grab onto for balance, creating a very unsafe situation. The unusual exterior-facing layout of the multi-building compound felt much less safe than a conventional self-contained high-rise hotel -- break-ins could easily happen without anyone seeing and, even though the weather was pleasant, we did not feel safe opening the windows at night. Parking (for a $15/daily fee that we were not prepared for) is difficult to find -- one night, we were lucky to get the very last spot on the entire property. Lastly, although the breakfast was adequate, it was also annoying because the hotel's sound system was competing with audio from two televisions, a cacophony of sounds that was anything but pleasant. (One morning, when I brought this to the front desk's attn, they turned off one of the TVs, but the next morning, it was back on.) Who wants to hear sound from three sources at once?
Date of stay: April 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4.0 of 5 bubblesValue
4.0 of 5 bubblesLocation
5.0 of 5 bubblesService
Kaleigh Soldridge, Owner at Residence Inn by Marriott Pasadena Arcadia, responded to this review
Responded 27 Apr 2023

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience while staying with us.

Providing the highest level of hospitality is our number one priority and I sincerely apologize for failing to meet your expectations. I have shared your feedback with the maintenance and leadership team to ensure the necessary steps are in place to prevent these issues from occurring again.

We appreciate your feedback about the team as we work hard to make sure all of our guests feel at home when staying at our property.

Thank you for your time and consideration! Should your travels bring you back to the area, we hope to see you again!
₹15,631
No prepayment needed
  • Algotels
0.6 km from Residence Inn by Marriott Pasadena Arcadia
View more hotels in Arcadia
All reviews full kitchen elite status universal studios next morning freeway
Selected filters
Reviewed 7 April 2023

This property was so convenient to get to - close to the freeway, about 30 mins from Universal Studios, with tons of food options nearby. We loved having the complimentary breakfast, it helped speed up our mornings so we didn't have to stop anywhere to grab food. The full kitchen is always so nice to have. We definitely got some good use out of it. Friendly staff and clean premises!

Date of stay: January 2023
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 April 2023

This hotel kicked my friend out on the street. Although I am a Platinum member of Marriott, they wouldn't accept my card for her booking and wouldn't accept my word that this was valid. Stay away from this hotel because they have poor customer service.

Room tip: Stay away from this hotel because they have poor customer service.
Date of stay: April 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Kaleigh Soldridge, Sales at Residence Inn by Marriott Pasadena Arcadia, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2023

Hello, thank you for your valuable feedback. I am so sorry to hear you had a less than perfect experience. Thank you for your loyalty with Marriott as an Elite Member. We understand your frustrations but have to follow hotel policy and procedures for the safety and protection of all our guests. Per hotel policy we ask every guest to present a valid credit card and matching ID at check in. Thank you for your time and understanding.

Reviewed 31 May 2022

Comfortable room with a cozy bed. Wi-Fi (with Titanium Elite status) worked well. Good location for hiking in the San Gabriel Mountains. A/C worked well and wasn't noisy. Plenty of electrical outlets in the room for charging electronics.

Parking isn't free.

Hotel layout is a dated 1980s style. Bathroom desperately needs modernizing. Floor around toilet is grimy and peeling apart.

Any hotel that won't do daily housekeeping immediately looses 1, maybe 2 stars off the review. But this hotel did, on request, provide housekeeping on my second of three nights.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Kaleigh Soldridge, Sales at Residence Inn by Marriott Pasadena Arcadia, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2022

I recognize your time is valuable and appreciate the feedback you have taken the time to provide.

Our deepest apologies for falling short on many areas of your stay. We always strive to provide the very best guest experience possible. We appreciate your loyalty with Marriott and your Titanium Elite Status!

We are happy that the location of this property was ideal for you and met your expectations.

Maintaining a clean atmosphere within our guest rooms and common areas is very important to us and I apologize that we did not fulfill that expectation during your visit. We are anticipating a renovation potentially next year and will have room furnishing replaced as well. Your feedback about the room has been shared with our housekeeping/maintenance leaders.

Unfortunately, parking is a fee that we charge all guest during their stay. We appreciate your understanding on this matter.

In regard to housekeeping, Marriott standard is housekeeping service every three days, but it is your choice to have service everyday upon request.

Although we fell short of meeting some of your expectations during your stay, I hope you will consider our hotel on your next visit to the area so that we can deliver on the guest experience you deserve.

Reviewed 22 May 2022 via mobile

Stayed here on a Friday night for one night only and that’s probably a good thing. For a Marriott brand hotel, I was pretty disappointed. I have a high level Bonvoy Marriott level and this is the first hotel to deny a complimentary upgrade. Not a huge deal as I was only staying one night. The room is mediocre for Marriott. The walls were splattered with stains, cabinetry was worn down to the wood, a couple recessed lights were partially hanging out of the ceiling, the exterior door didn’t shut very well, couch looked well used, and some of the lights didn’t work. Breakfast was your typical continental. I did like that everything, including the hot items, were individually wrapped. I hate seeing other people grab at the serving spoons only to have it fall into the bacon! However, the packaged food had a bit of that packaged wrapped taste that you get when you eat an instant microwaved burrito. Overall, still better than a typical Wyndham brand hotel but definitely not up to Marriott standards.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 May 2022 via mobile

I've been staying in this hotel for 6 weeks, still here for few more days and can't wait to get out. I needed a long stay hotel for my visit and as there are not many options of decent clean places in Monrovia/Arcadia, I was stuck with this.

First, room smells bad, in fact even reception/restaurant area smells horrible. It's almost as if they are using some room refresher to mask smell od dirt and poor housekeeping.

Furniture is dirty and in terrible state, torn with foam sticking out. There are disgusting stains on sofa, chair and dining chairs. I had to go and buy some blankets to cover furniture so that I can sit on it.

I had housekeeping scheduled 2x a week, although Covid is officially over, regular, daily housekeeping is thing of past. At least once a week I'd return after work and room has not been done. Apparently housekeeping is stretched too thin, probably because they laid off most people.

Stay away from this hotel at any cost. Staff is not rude, but they are not willing to do anything more than bare minimum to make things better. Not even for those of us who are here for a long time.

And finally, the price. It is overpriced for what they offer. Save your money and go somewhere else.

I would give it 0 stars, but I could not.

Trip type: Travelled on business