“Large ribs great chicken parm”
Review of The Derby

The Derby
Reserve with OpenTable
The Derby is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 258 Restaurants in Arcadia
Price range: US$ 20 - US$ 35
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 2nd Ave
Reviewed 20 April 2018 via mobile

Leave room for desert - looked great but we could not fit it in. Little expensive but hej it is the Derby

Reviewed 11 April 2018

The Derby is a classy restaurant with a delightful ambiance I ordered from the prix fixe three course dinner menu. I had the shrimp and crab cocktail for appetizer – excellent, correct amount of horseradish. The fillet with scallops was juicy and tender and the cheese cake tasty. My wife enjoyed the chicken marsala – moist and delicious.

Reviewed 10 April 2018

Reservations a must if it a weekend! Steak & Shrimp scampi superb! Stately elegant with red leather seating.

Reviewed 6 April 2018

Came here for dinner and had an excellent meal. We started with a nice wine, and some garlic bread (seems to the house bread). For my meal, I had the small filet/shrimp scampi combination meal, with a side of sweet potato fries. The filet was cooked perfectly and was very tender, but the scampi was the star of this meal. It was service butterflied and still partly sitting on the shell, with drawn butter. I found the shrimp to be hugely tasty, and loved that it was not soaked in the butter. Good service, and overall a very nice dining experience.

Reviewed 21 March 2018 via mobile

Having been to The Derby on several occasion while visiting from the East I wanted a special venue for my wife’s BD celebration with her CA family - all 40 of them.
Margaret was my contact and she was very accommodating arranging the luncheon on the Derby’s patio. While normally closed on the Sunday we requested Margaret arranged to have it opened for the special occasion.
We ordered off the regular luncheon menus without a hitch with the fantastic assistance of Shannon, Chelsea, and Marco our wait staff and of course Sarah our mixologist.
Naturally the culinary staff performed their expertise as well.

The food was delicious as usual and served expertly and the cocktails made to perfection and timely. Nothing like a congregation of Irish ☘️ family the day after St. Paddy ‘s Day. And on a special occasion. That kept the crew busy.
Lastly as a special surprise to my wife, me and our guests the staff and management presented us with Baked Alaska for our entire gathering as a coup de grace.
Thanks ever so much for all involved to make our experience exceptional.

Paul K. Summerland Key , FL

Been to The Derby? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK