“Always Yelp where you'll be staying.”
Review of Ramada Antioch

Ramada Antioch
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Antioch
Reviewed 20 September 2017

Dirty, inside and out, beds so uncomfortable, front staff was great, but one maid walked into our room before we could get the door, as if it were her room. Geez.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 14 September 2017

Room was filthy. Hotel provided shampoo bottles were used. Didn't even want to touch light switches. Mold all over the shower curtains.
I've been a rewards member for a while now, and can't see why Wyndham would put their name on a place like this.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 September 2017

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 September 2017

I've had a few days to gather my thoughts, so this rant isn't just a spontaneous reaction. I'll just try to stick to details. My wife and I needed a place for two nights and made reservations online. Once at the hotel we were given a single room with one bed. Fine -- except -- we walked into the room and it smelled like a mix of the bottom of an ashtray and a mess of a drunks vomit. It odor was hideous and the room, from my point of view was uninhabitable. So, I went to the front desk with my concerns, because I was NOT going to spend a night in that. BTW: the personnel were just as nice as could be. So we were given, apparently due to high volume as I was led to believe, their last room and it was a suite. How nice! NOT. We walked in (room 119 if memory serves) and the carpet was old, worn, burned in places and not particularly clean. However, the room didn't stink, so we counted our blessings and went to bed (the bed was really good). Things would have been marginally o.k., but when we went to take a shower the following morning, there was NO hot water! The cold water was not so cold as to prevent a shower, but it was far from comfortable. We had dealings to do that day, so stayed another night, but did not try to shower the next day. Worth the money? Not by a long shot. Had we known ahead of time that this would happen of course we would have steered clear of Ramada Inn -- not touched it with a ten foot pole. Our experience was that ugly. I really did expect much better of a hostel that had (notice the past tense) such a good reputation. No longer. I hope this writ will get some attention, because should this experience be repeated with other guests, you won't be in business long! Also, BTW: the grounds were dirty and unkempt. Cigarette butts all over the landscape as well as a wide variety of trash here and there.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 September 2017

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Been to Ramada Antioch? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK