“A good hotel filled with nostalgia throughout”
Review of Disneyland Hotel

Disneyland Hotel
Ranked #21 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Thousand Oaks, California
“A good hotel filled with nostalgia throughout”
Reviewed 14 July 2012

It's not the best of the three Disney hotel options, but I'd still recommend it.

The decor throughout is classic Disney (even character wallpaper in the bathroom!), and the framed art shows lots of concept drawings of what the park and some of the rides were designed to look like from back in the 50s (I geek out on that kind of stuff, so I thought it was interesting).

Pool was good, especially for young families.

Didn't eat at Goofys but seems a bit on the pricey side.

Location is really convenient to Downtown Disney, and you can wander over to Compass Books in the morning to pick up some great coffee to jump start your day!

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing Downtown Disney above floor 5...you'll be able to see the fireworks at nig...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank SethBrady
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (863)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 14 July 2012 via mobile

I was staying here because of a conference at the conference center I was attending. Lobby, rooms, staff, everything was great! Plenty of things in walking distance with DowntownDisney so close. I was very pleased with the hotel in several aspects!!

• Stayed July 2012
Plain City
Reviewed 13 July 2012

Very nice hotel, we enjoyed our stay. The hotel is located literally right across from Downtown Disney which was very convenient. It was a short walk to the parks and because we stayed at a Disney hotel we got into the parks an hour earlier than they let in those staying at non-Disney hotels. The only complaint I have is that when we checked in, we were told to go to the wrong tower, so we were searching for our room only to find out we were sent to the wrong building. The pools were nice, "mouse"keeping was great and the beds were comfortable. Also, the double sinks in the bathroom were awesome to have.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Julia S
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 13 July 2012

We stayed at the Disneyland Hotel June 11th-14th for three nights in the Adventure Towers. We had a high floor with a poolview room category, which my son really enjoyed.

The only complaint I had was the front desk in the Fantasy lobby for check in. The front desk clerks were not knowledgable in their jobs. When we went to check in, we had a $1,000.00 in gift cards to pay for our room. The girl didn't want to swipe all the cards and kept on telling me to save the gift cards for the parks. Why would I want to have to worry about losing the gift cards, when you can charge everything to your room key back to the room. The whole process of her complaining the whole time took about 40 minutes. I then asked if I could purchase the Disney tickets at the front desk and she told me no. When I was sitting around the pool that evening I was talking to one of the other guests and I was talking about purchasing the tickets and she said you can purchase the tickets at the front desk, so I went back to the front desk. They sold them to me but was that a mess also, I told the front desk agent I wanted to hopper tickets and two one park a day tickets. She messed up the order charged my credit card and hard to start all over for the purchase and had to recharge my credit card again to correct the problem. I was hoping that was the last I was going to have to deal with the front desk, but it was not the last time.

The following night we went back to the room and we realized that my father's wallet was missing. I immediatley went back down to the front desk and my father went to Disneyland Park where he had just left. I asked the front desk if anyone had turned in a wallet? His response was well where did you lose your wallet? If I knew where it was lost I would not be here asking this questions. He then transferred me he said to the lost and found at the hotel, in which he called housekeeping, he finally located the correct number for lost and found at the hotel. I then asked him for the lost and found department at the Disneyland park and he said he didn't know the telephone number and told me to walk to the park.

In the meantime my father did make it to the park and someone was kind enough to turn the wallet in to lost and found with all its contents. He tried to find out who did to reward them for their honesty but they didn't leave their name. Please remember to always pay it forward because you never know when you might be in the same situation.

Now back to the room...We stayed in the Adventure tower which is the middle tower, with a poolview room. The room and bedding has been updated. We really enjoyed the lighted castle headboard with music. Look for the hidden Mickey's in the shower on some of the tiles when the room starts to steam.

The refrigerator we had did not work, but maintenece was up to our room and 5 minutes and replaced it with a new one. Excellent service.

We enjoyed the retro monorail slides at the pool, and the regular swimming pools were always a comfortable temperature. The chairs around the pool were clean and comfortable.

The one morning in our lobby they were making animals out of wash clothes that were fun for the kids to make.

We had a great character dinner at Goofy's kitchen, it is pricy but well worth the money because the characters come around to all the tables so the kids get their pictures taken and autographs.

It had been 3 years since we stayed at the hotel and we enjoyed every minute of it. It is a nice easy walk to the monorail to get into the Disneyland park. The directions to get in the side entrance of California adventure was a little confusing but the staff was always helpful.

Room Tip: Next time I would want the Frontier tower because you would have both a view of the fireworks and th...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank saleaway06
Squamish, Canada
Reviewed 11 July 2012

We stayed in the frontier building at the Disneyland Hotel on the tenth floor. Our room was very clean and faced the amazing waterpark in the center of the complex. Every night at 9:30pm we could lay in bed and watch the fireworks out the window coming from Disneyland! It was magical to watch from the comfort of our room after being on the go all day. The food was great and the service was first class.

• Stayed July 2012