“What a wonderful little inn!”
Review of Park Vue Inn

Park Vue Inn
Ranked #9 of 119 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed 9 August 2017

We stayed at the Park Vue Inn on a recent trip to Disneyland and I have to say it far exceeded my expectations! It feels very retro with the outdoor entrances and the pool in the middle of the parking lot. Love that old California feel! The front desk staff was lovely and helpful. They had cookies and lemonade in the afternoons which was a nice treat after a long day in the parks. The location cannot be beat! It is literally right across the street from the main gates. Our walk, door to gate, clocked in at 7 minutes! The parking is tight, but we didn't have any problem finding a spot when we arrived at 3:30pm. The rooms are updated and very clean. The decor was simple and modern. While not huge, our double queen had plenty of space for our family of 5 (my 3 kids are small and easily share a bed). The bathrooms were updated as well, although the sink area is outside the toilet/shower area which makes it hard to get up and brush teeth, blow dry hair, etc. without waking up everyone else in the room. The rooms had a mini fridge, microwave and coffee machine. The pool was a pleasant surprise, nicely landscaped so you feel some sense of privacy in there (considering it IS in the middle of the parking lot), and larger than I expected. Even a 9 foot deep end! Also had a hot tub. Pool towels are available on deck. One thing to be aware of is that there are no elevators, so be prepared to carry your suitcases up the stairs. Not an issue for us, but I can see it being one for some people. Also, the cleaning staff didn't get to our rooms until about 1 pm...which happened to be the time we came back from the parks each day for a rest. So since we were there, we chose not to have our room cleaned each day. We could have easily left for a bit to allow them to clean, but it didn't matter that much to us. They still offered us fresh towels each day. The hotel was amazingly quiet given all the families I know were staying there. We never heard a peep when we were inside our rooms other than the housekeeping carts rolling by mid-day. There is a small gift shop on the first level which came in handy for extra sunscreen, drinks and a forgotten toothbrush. There are also vending machines on property. The breakfast was far better than I expected. Warm eggs/bacon/potatoes/sausage every day as well as waffle makers, cereal, bread, etc. So nice not to have to spend $ on breakfast each day. All in all it was a wonderful stay and we will definitely stay there again and recommend it to others.

Room Tip: I personally requested a second floor room, even though there is no elevator. Just a personal prefer...
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
4  Thank Renee H

Reviewed 6 August 2017

I stayed at this hotel before the D23 Expo in July. When I first drove up it reminded me of the beach hotels I've stayed in and enjoyed.

The room was perfect. It was nicely updated with plenty of space and USB charger ports. The bathroom looked updated. I was impressed.

I encountered 2 issues - the first was with parking. I had a hard time with finding a parking space because it is a small hotel. I drove around twice and finally found one in a corner when someone pulled out. I avoided leaving the hotel in the car after that, worried that I would come back and not have a place to park.
I saw plenty of cars in the lot without the parking permit.

The 2nd was with the complimentary shampoo - it had mango in it which I am allergic to. I went to Target down the street and bought some travel size shampoo that I could use so that was easily solved. But it was a surprise to me since I hadn't read anything about it.

The employees at the front desk were professional and efficient.

I loved just walking across the street to Disneyland. I would choose to stay here again if I'm ever back in Anaheim.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank Connie933
Reviewed 27 July 2017

We had a wonderful trip to Park Vue Inn. The location is superb, right across the street and not across the street like some Anaheim hotels claim, literal right across the cross walk to Disneyland. We made the 5 hour drive late afternoon so we arrived around 9pm and Jonathan and Charles greeted us with a smile and gave us the much needed chuckle after our long drive. We had a room on the second story and I wasn't exactly thrilled as they have no elevator and I have littles and a stroller but Charles jumped up and took all our luggage up the stairs for us. Everytime we left or came back from the park and those guys were there they would have us rolling. They honestly added so much fun to our trip! The room and grounds are great! Clean and well maintained but Charles and Jonathan were our favorite part!

Room Tip: top floor in the back for quiet rooms and bottom floor to avoid the stairs.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Eyoung77
Reviewed 24 July 2017

I selected the Park Vue Inn based on it's fantastic reviews, location for walking to the Disneyland Parks, it's free breakfast, wifi and parking. I had contacted the hotel via email to check they had ADA / wheelchair accessible rooms, specifically a roll in shower and was informed that yes they did and that this would be reserved for me. Arriving after a long flight from the UK to LAX and then a less than straight forward shuttle ride to the hotel, we were greeted with free cookies, lemon water, air con and great service - but when we got into the room, it did not have a roll in shower. The bathroom was not accessible to me and after a long flight, this was not acceptable - and a surprise given the prior correspondence. We called and went straight back to reception who said they didn't have a note about my requirement and that there wasn't a roll in shower room available until the next day when they would move us. With the flight, I needed a shower and asked them to find me what I'd booked and had the correspondence to back up - at no extra cost. The person on reception called around and found us another hotel 4 doors down and for a much cheaper rate - the Grand Legacy hotel. He helped us move and refunded us our fee. So, we did receive good service and support to get what we needed eventually but was disappointed that the effort went into organising what I needed beforehand had been misplaced so I'd suggest calling with any specific requirements and double checking just before your stay.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 July 2017

I have stayed the Park Vue Inn about 4 times the past eight years. I currently live in Europe and visit family in California every two years. The rooms are very clean the staff is very helpful. The breakfast has more than enough variety. Of course the best thing about the hotel is the location but it really is a nice hotel with great prices and service. See you in two years Park Vue.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family