“Disappointing!”
Review of Park Vue Inn

Park Vue Inn
Ranked #9 of 119 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed 8 July 2012

Our family isn't high maintenance by any stretch but our stay at this property for our family vacation to Disneyland was a BIG disappointment. While we were there management quietly discontinued significant advertised extras. We also had to ask 3 times for a crib to be delivered to the room. Then one morning we discovered ants - lots of them - crawling all over our personal affects. Even after notifying management, throughout the week this continued to be a problem. The "free" internet access was simply atrocious. Then, to top it all off, no one could clearly explain to us upon checkout, what exactly our charges were. The pleasant girl at the front desk said more than once, "This system is so complicated." Huh?? After 30 minutes of unsuccessfully trying to get to the bottom of our bill I simply had to leave because our shuttle had arrived. For nearly $200/night all taxes in, this was VERY POOR value. We've previously stayed at other properties on Harbor Blvd and next time we'll go back to one of them. There will be NO next time, EVER, for the Park Vue Inn.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
10  Thank Dale6284
ScalzoHospitality, Guest Relations Manager at Park Vue Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2012

Thank you for your review. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible. The changes to our amenities are due to a decreased demand for these offerings and an increased demand for upgrades to our rooms. In order to continue to upgrade our rooms and stay competitive with our pricing we had to make changes to the offerings that had the least demand. The WiFi has been upgraded, and we are replacing older equipment with new. We have ECO lab service our rooms on a weekly basis to insure that these ants do not come back. Again we apologize for this and hope that you would give us an opportunity to make this up.

Reviewed 7 July 2012

We reserved this hotel with low expectations and were pleasantly surprised with the room. First, I was disappointed because they had filled all the rooms with bunk beds by the time we arrived, although I had requested that when I reserved. I'd recommend you call a day ahead just to make sure they have it correct & will hold it.
We had a room with 2 queen beds. The room was clean, average TV, free wi-fi, although didn't work great. The bed was fine. It didn't have an overwhelming clorox smell like so many places have.
The best thing was the location to Disney. The sidewalk to the Disney gates is right across the street. Once you get across the street, it's less than 5 minutes to the gate (and I'm a slow walker). I'm pretty sure parking here is free, but you should check. We didn't drive, so I'm not sure.

2  Thank daybyday365
Reviewed 4 July 2012

We were here for 4 nights on our first visit to Disneyland. I had read about how close this hotel is to the entrance, and they were right - it's practically a 10 minute walk from the hotel to the park entrance. We had 2 rooms, and both were very roomy with two very comfortable queen beds and a fridge and microwave, and a good-sized bathroom. We were on the ground floor, and at times you could hear people walking and running above, but it didn't bother us. The housekeeping staff did an excellent job in cleaning our room daily and providing a more than adequate amount of towels. The gift basket and personal letter upon arrival were a very nice touch. We also took advantage of the breakfast every morning before heading into the park. The only complaint is the breakfast area needs to be bigger. There are not enough tables inside, but they do have tables outside, which is where we ended up every morning. The food was adequte for a quick breakfast. There is also an IHOP right next door, and a Cold Stone Creamery in the front of the hotel as well. They also offer free parking which is a plus. Some hotels on this street charge a daily parking fee. If I ever go back to Disneyland, I would definitely consider staying here again.

5  Thank Kacki62
Management response:Responded 6 July 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are very happy to know that your stay was great. We will take your suggestions and use them to improve our hotel. We also have informed the housekeeper of your kind words. We hope to be of service to you and your family again soon.

Reviewed 4 July 2012

We stayed 6 nights. We had a great experience with Park Vue. If I had to complain about anything it would be they need to have someone help you with your luggage if your room is on the second floor. They do not have a elevator and I was with my Mom (she is 65) and my son (he is 6) so they could not help me lift the luggage. But, lets get back to the positive. You are so so so close to Disney. The free breakfast and Wifi was great. We only tried the afternoon social hour once and that was only because my Mom's wallet was stollen at Disney and we had to make phone calls to have her credit card stopped and to the airlines to see how we were going to get home with no ID. The social hour was OK., but we never went back because we were there to have fun at Disney not to stay at the hotel. I did enjoy after a long flight having water, punch and lemonade at the front desk. That was very refreshing. I see where other people have said they stopped the drinks, but I hope that's not true because it's a nice touch if you are like us and arriving from a long flight and don't have time to get anything to eat or drink because the shuttle doesn't make food stops from the airport to the hotel. The room was clean and maintained everyday. If we ever get a chance to go back to Disneyland and the price of the hotel is still reasonable we will stay at this hotel.

2  Thank Sha S
Reviewed 2 July 2012

We stayed at the Park Vue Inn for 4 nights back in May. Our family of 4 has a 5 year old and a 7 month old.

Pros
Location is excellent. Since I am still nursing I was able to walk back and feed the baby. There are nursing rooms in the park but I just found this to be so much easier.
Lemonade and cookies - LOVED them! great snack as we walk back and forth to the park
Fireworks - you can see the fireworks from the outside dining area, we were too tired to go back but enjoyed seeing the fireworks in our pajamas.
Room configuration - The bunk beds were a huge hit with our 5 year old
Free Parking - i believe this is the only place that doesn't charge for parking, other good neighbor hotels around this area charges for parking.

Cons
Rooms are old and dirty - my foot was black just walking a few steps on the carpet.
Rooms was small - the king+ bunk bed room was tiny, there was really NO place to put our stuff.

Other
The breakfast food offering is terrible. The "hot" breakfast consist of thin bacon and watered down eggs. I took a peek in the kitchen and it looks like all the foods were made in the microwave - GROSS. I would stick to the premade food (cereal, yougart, food, etc) or go to Mcdonalds (less than a 5 min walk) for a hot brekfast.
The dinner is also terrible - canned soup, lettuce, again more hot foods that looked like they were heated in the microwave.

We would not stay here again, I didn't care about the "extras" i would rather have a clean place to sleep. We loved the location so much that we would consider it's nearby competitors.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family