“Good value and service”

Ranked #40 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Wellington, New Zealand
“Good value and service”
Reviewed 19 June 2012

Certainly not a 'five star' resort, but very adequate for a family stay. Inn is an older style motel, but nice and clean and a good size and certainly very close to everything. Disneyland is about a ten minute stroll away.

Staff were friendly and helpful.

Breakfast is very basic, so stock up at supermarket and have breakfast in your room, or IHop/Garden Walk restaurants are very near.

Tips: If you don't have a car (we didn't) we strongly recommend stocking up on food.The supermarket is about 5 minutes drive away - although the convenience store ( five minutes walk) stocks the basics.

If possible, get an upstairs room....we were downstairs and it was sometimes very noisy with guests stomping around above us at all hours. Other than that, hotel was far enough back to avoid most traffic noise.

Overall a nice place and certainly good value. We really appreciated coming back to the clean rooms after a busy day at the Theme Parks.

Thanks guys :-)

Miles & Kirsty - New Zealand,

Room Tip: Get an upstairs room if possible.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Miles S
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 15 June 2012

My family which consists of my wife, two daughters aged 4 and 6 and myself had a unbelievably good time at Disneyland and southern California thanks in large part to the wonderful stay we had at the Anaheim Islander. When booking I mentioned that I was a light sleeper so would like a corner unit, top floor away from any noise and when we arrived, they had a very nice unit tucked away in the back waiting for me! Instantly I knew I was going to have a good stay as I'd get sleep (and I did!).

The rooms are fairly nice looking and very clean. I'm borderline OCD when it comes to cleanliness and this place met my expectations. I wish they would add a wall outlet right at desk level for things like cell phone, laptop, etc charging but there are ones around the room so this isn't a big deal at all. They could attach a power bar to the side of the desk and problem solved <hint hint>.

The cleaning staff are unbelievably friendly and good at their jobs. Some communication problems as English is my one and only language but when I would ask for something extra, they always came through and I hope the management there realizes what a good group of people they have working for them.

The breakfast could be improved, but at the price I was paying, I'm not complaining at all. They had good coffee (big plus for me) and a few types of teas and some apples and bananas along with some danish (they were pretty blah though). We actually went shopping and bought grocery so we could have something more substantial in the room in the morning so the microwave and fridge is extremely handy.

The walk to Disneyland is about 15 minutes each way with our two little ones who didn't seem to mind at all. That said, they have to walk to school everyday that distance so it wasn't a big change for them not to mention the excitement of Disneyland gets the kids motivated. We walked back at lunch to our room to make soup and sandwiches so we were doing that round trip twice a day. What I guess i'm trying to say is that the distance was 100% manageable for our kids so don't be worried about the walk to the park.

We'll be back at some point in the future and we've already said we'll be back to Anaheim Islander. Previously we stayed at the Best Western across from the Disneyland main entrance, and it was also nice, but this was cheaper and just felt a little bit better (maybe being away from the main street did that).

Do yourself a favor and check this little gem out. You won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: Top floor middle court yard is probably very quiet.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank Michael K
Fort Mohave, Arizona
Reviewed 7 June 2012

This is a very family friendly hotel. The suits have plenty of room and the microwave and refrigerator come in handy and save money when traveling with children. It's also in a great location. You're very close to some great dinning, like PF Changs, The Cheese Cake Factory, or Johnny Rockets. You can walk and shop at the City Walk and you are a quick shuttle ride to the gates of Disneyland and California Adventure Parks. The staff was fun and friendly and the rooms were very clean. It has an overall charming appearance from the door mats at each door to the beautiful vines that surround the property. Each room was decorated in a warm and inviting manor and looked to have just been remodeled and updated. The pool was clean and refreshing. It was just a great stay. I would recommend it to anyone traveling to the area.

Room Tip: We stayed in a two room suit. It had three queen beds and what made it nice is one of the rooms sep...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Margie P
Bakersfield, CA
Reviewed 4 June 2012

My husband and I were at Disney for one night, and chose this motel due to Trip Advisor. We were able to check in at 10 AM, and leave our car there. The room was clean, 2 queens and a sofa bed. Corner room 222 upstairs, allowed us to have cross ventilation which was good because the room smelled musty. Everything else was clean, even the vinyl shower curtain. We had a good nights sleep after walking miles all day long, and the price was right.

Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank eos_domestic_goddess
MELFORT
Reviewed 28 May 2012

We found this hotel on tripadvisor and it was better than expected. We stayed in two rooms closest to the pool and upstairs.

I really liked the blinds on the windows. I know that's a funny start but they were easy to operate and very effective.

The WiFi worked good and when I needed to use a printer (we just had a laptop) they let me use the one in the hotel office. The man at the desk actually suggested it so I didn't feel like I was imposing.

I would like a better breakfast but was impressed that the danish were fresh and I thought the OJ was good. The staff was very friendly and appreciated our business.

We bought the shuttle to Disneyland but we could have walked. It was cheap enough we wanted the option because we had kids with us.

The pool was nice and property was clean. No reason to complain, but we just needed a clean place to sleep.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family