Currently staying at the Howard Johnson, 2nd to 7th Aug 2012.
We had a late check in approx arrival was 10:30pm as we flew in from Maryland Baltimore. Initial greeting was friendly and there is an abundance of travel brochures and destination guides in the foyer.
The complex was always very clean and the gardens well presented, the pool is great and the kids water play area certainly gets a good work out. But there is only one pool. I was informed there was two, incorrectly. So be warned... By the way the spa in the kids wat play area is far to hot, not warm. I do not know the exact temp but I could boil vegetables in there quite easily. So keep a very close eye on the kids if you let them in there. There is a life gurd on duty, they have smart phones, I have noticed.
The room, we stayed in building 5 backing on to the interstate. Anyone that says you can't here the traffic is talking out of their backside. And the fireworks at 9:30 to 9:45 every night you not only here ( very loud ) but you can feel the pressure through your balcony door. They are very, very loud. The rooms all have air conditioning.... BUT... It doesn't matter if the curtains are opened or closed the cool air blows up behind them and keeps the window cool and it takes for ever to cool the room. Best thing is leave it on 24/7 for the best effect. Our room also had a door handle to the balcony that required repairs as it was almost falling off, I made the inquiry and it took two days for someone to look at it and then the front office guys came and fixed it, followed by maintenance staff latter that evening.
Would I stay here again possibly... But I might also look at other hotels closer to Disneyland entrance... It might be close but the closer you can get the better especially with little ones....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just an 8-minute walk from Disneyland Park, this non-smoking family resort hotel features Castaway Cove - A Watery Pirate Playground! With slides, drench bucket, water canons, jacuzzi, toddler's wading pool and more, Castaway Cove is a great place for your whole family to play together! Also nestled within the lush, park-like grounds is the family friendly Garden Pool! With free parking, fridges and internet- HoJo Anaheim is the perfect choice for your family adventure! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Howard Johnson Anaheim Hotel and Water Playground reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Howard Johnson Plaza Hotel And Water Playground - Anaheim / Disneyland Park
- Howard Johnson Anaheim
- Anaheim Howard Johnson
- Howard Johnson Hotel Anaheim California