“perfect for our need's”

Ranked #107 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Melbourne, Australia
“perfect for our need's”
Reviewed 23 April 2011

abby's anaheimer was just what we need to explore the disneyland area. it is a close distance to shop's restraunt's and of course disneyland. the room's were clean and fresh the bed's were comfortable and the breakfast gave the kid's there energy for the day it is not a five star hotel but we felt right at home and would come and stay again met some lovely people who were staying there which was great at night time to chat and watch the fireworks

Room Tip: get the family room it is in perfect spot
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Richland, Washington
Reviewed 11 April 2011

The online description and photos for this hotel are extremely misleading. The promise of newly remodeled rooms failed to say that this didn't apply to all the rooms. The attendant was unfriendly, unhospitable and uncooperative. Definitely not reminiscent of the "magical" disneyland experience. The beds were as comfortable as sleeping on the floor, there was cobwebs hanging from the ceilings and the room was full of mosquitos! The "breakfast" was a couple boxes of cereal and a pitcher of milk (no idea where it came from) and the front desk agent ran to the store to get a small package of cheap pastries at the last moment. The table was literally wedged between the bed and the window so that you had to climb across the bed in order to use it. They also advertised the purchase of Disneyland tickets however when I inquired they simply stated we dont have any, no reason or apology. I booked this through Ares travel and somewhere a miscommunication happened that I was unaware of in that they only had reservations for 2 adults, my itinerary confirmed my 4 children however they could not find that information and charged me an additional per day rate and I felt like I was being treated like a criminal. I would definitely not recommend this as a vacation stay but merely nothing better than a "truck stop" appeal if you dare.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank Momto4boys247

Travellers are raving about these Anaheim hotels

San Francisco, California
Reviewed 1 January 2011

We stayed ABBY'S ANAHEIMER INN from Dec 24th - Dec 26th. Carpet was so dirty and smell, my kids hated to stay there. They supposed to serve breakfast but they gave only Denise for breakfast. So, people who don't eat sweet in the breakfast, didn't get anything. Mantainence guy speaks very loud on the phone and clean the hallway. You can hear from your room that someone speaking loudly.
I locked the bathroom one night around 10 pm, when i went to the front desk for the key, they tried to scare me that there is no key then mantainence guy came 30 min later and showed me an attitude in front of my family. I was so sad, i was almost lost my control. They charged me $25 for coffee pot got crack when i tried to make some coffee one morning. Even though the pot was very old. Hot coffee cracked the pot. It's not even my fault. The coffee make is 10 years old and the coffee maker shouldn't cost more than $10 if you buy from the store. But they charged me $25. I already disputed that charge. As soon as i came back at night at the hotel, i was sad.
i got the non smoking room but people used to smoke outside and we could smell from inside the room. There is a big hole even though door is closed.
i have really bad experience. I don't think any normal people should stay at this place with their family.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
5 Thank ratan_ghosh
AbbysRS, Manager at Abby's Anaheimer Inn, responded to this review, 10 January 2011
Dear Guest,
I regret that you had a poor experience at our hotel even though we had given you a complimentary upgrade to a deluxe room on your recent stay. Our property has been recently renovated and we uphold high standards. In an attempt to maintain standards at the hotel, we do have to enforce hotel policies such as damage charges, additional guest charges as in your stay. All our rooms are non smoking, however any guests that smoke inside the room are charged for doing so as in your case. We offer complimentary continental breakfast to our guests which includes croissants, danishes, cereal, milk, tea and coffee. Thank you for considering us for your stay.
Anaheim, California
Reviewed 2 November 2010

We booked this hotel last minute, and were especially interested in the location, close to Disney. The room was clean, recently remodeled, nothing too special, but nice. There is no parking fee, a major plus, and our 3 young children enjoyed the smallish swimming pool. staff was very friendly and accommodating. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank kurtsgal
Phoenix
Reviewed 12 October 2010

We booked a very last minute Disney trip and traveled with a large pet. Very difficult to find a pet-friendly hotel for a large breed. Found this hotel "next to Disney" for a solid value. Reasonable room, no parkling fee, within walking distance--sounds great right? We checked in to our room and found the carpeting to be absolutely filthy, a cracked toilet seat, no toilet paper holder and mismatched paint, scartches, chips all over the walls. No alarm clock and a TV with a built in VHS player (guess they don't make 'em like they used to). The walk to Disney was a 10+ minutes. The positives-the staff was truly friendly and made every effort to rectify some of the problems and the beds were fairly comfortable. We saw some other rooms being cleaned that looked like they had been totally renovated and likely worthy of a higher rating. We were told these rooms were for non-pet stays. Bottom line if you are traveling with pets expect a dated room with absolutely nasty carpeting-we refused to walk barefoot in the room and bathed our dog the first day home. If traveling without pets make sure you ask for a renovated room before booking. Overall 2 stars for the pet friendly but would have been 3 if the room had been in better shape.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family