All reviews convention center front desk family suite minute walk bunk beds parking lot within walking distance attending a conference nice property art shuttle harbor blvd day pass housekeeping staff hotel restaurant lobby area near disneyland mini fridge
Reviewed 30 August 2018

There is no shortage of hotel options near the Disney Parks and the Anaheim Convention Center - you will find virtually every brand and price range in the area - but perhaps surprisingly the Courtyard Anaheim Resort / Convention Center (one of three Courtyards within about five miles of the Parks) is a great choice for families with school age children. The hotel has all the features that make Courtyards a favorite of business travelers and convention goers, but a large number of the rooms are "kids suites" at reasonable prices featuring twin bunk beds and either two queens or a king bed - perfect for families. The hotel is a 15-20 minute walk from the main entrance to the two Disney parks and Downtown Disney, but being relatively small offers a quiet respite in the evening from the crowds and over-stimulation of a day with Mickey and Minnie Mouse and their friends.

Room Tip: A room on the 3rd or 4th floor facing north can give you a view of the Disneyland fireworks show that begins at 9:30 p.m. each night.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Roger R, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Anaheim Resort/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2018

Dear Harris L,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share about your experience. As you mentioned, there is a surplus of hotels in the Disneyland Resort Area which include 9 Marriott properties in the immediate area, so it is hard to stand out. This being the case, our team works extremely hard to make a lasting impact on our guests, so they will take the time to leave reviews just like this one. We know sites like Trip Advisor allow us to connect with our guests on a direct level, so we always appreciate it when our guests give us the opportunity to connect beyond their stay by writing a review. Thank you again! We look forward to welcoming you back to Anaheim in the future.

Reviewed 29 August 2018

Stayed for a convention and was pleasantly surprised with how close it is to the Convention Center thanks to a pathway at the back of the hotel to the Marriott parking lot.

The Staff was wonderful. My room was clean and quiet. The Starbucks in the lobby was hot and always ready. Highly recommend staying here if you're attending a convention.

Stayed: November 2017

Dear Jesse T,

I am very happy to read that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Anaheim in the future. Our location and service set our hotel apart as a great option for guests travelling for business or leisure.

Reviewed 29 August 2018

Perfect base for Disneyland. A 5 minute walk away to the Parks and close to restaurants. Our spacious room with 2 queen beds and bunk beds and a generous sized bathroom suited us perfectly. The room was spotless and deeply cleaned with high quality sheets and furnishings. The bed was a little soft for me. The hotel is quiet and hardly saw anyone because everyone's out or in bed, so we loved sitting by the fire pit with a bottle of wine in the evening, or having a quiet breakfast in the Bistro which served healthy and diverse options. My 12 year old loved the water park and the pool and we liked to sunbathe on the loungers when not at the Parks. A great option and worth the price. There's no need to go anywhere else and pay more, the Courtyard Marriott gives all you all you need. I will certainly look at other Courtyard Marriotts for other trips now.

Stayed: August 2018

Dear Naomi C,

Thank you so much for your very kind review, but I believe you have us confused with the Courtyard Anaheim Themepark property. Although we do not have a water park we do have a beautiful pool area which includes the heated pool, kiddy pool and Jacuzzi. We are also centrally located next the Anaheim Convention Center and less than a mile from the Disneyland Resort.

Reviewed 26 August 2018 via mobile

We are platinum members for many years so we stay at a lot of Marriott’s and first off I want to thank the hotel for the great upgrade to a suite and the welcome gift and personalized note in the room that was great customer service. The hotel is located about a 15 minute walk from Disney and convenient to restaurants and shops. It is set off from the street and there is a nice pool.
We have stayed at many courtyards and I for this one is just not up to the same standard. The linens seemed cheap and scratchy and the pillows on the king size better were more suited for a twin. My biggest complaint about the hotel was the lack of sound proofing . Every morning I could here every door opening and closing in the hallway and complete conversations of the people getting on the elevator. And o n the flip side of that we were on the fourth floor and for a phone call Saturday night at 9:30 pm about excessive noise from our room. All we were doing was packing up our suitcases preparing for our departure the next morning .i guess the people below us most have been able to hear me rolling 3 roller suitcases closer to the door of our suit. You should be able to roll a suitcase in a hotel room without the people below You hearing it. My youngest son was super upset about it and didn’t even want to walk across the room to go to the bathroom as he was afraid his feet we being too loud .
So I guess my advice is ask for a room on a high floor and away from an elevator. There are many other Marriott options In The area that appear to be newer. That said it is the cheapest so if looking for a bargain stay here if looking for a good nights sleep this may not be the best choice .

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Roger R, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Anaheim Resort/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2018

Dear MOMOF2B,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. I am so glad to hear that our team was able to show you our appreciation for your loyalty to Marriott. as an Elite member we always want to make sure we are taking the time to go the extra mile. With that said, I'm sorry to read that the sound in your room was such an issue. I'm especially struck by the note about your son feeling uncomfortable about walking to the bathroom. As a father myself that hits home. Please accept my sincere apologies and know that if you plan on returning to Anaheim in the future we would be more than glad to work on placing you on a top floor room to help avoid noise issues. Thank you again for your time and I hope we have a chance to welcome you back to Anaheim in the future.

Reviewed 20 August 2018

This Courtyard was clean and comfortable enough but it lacked above average service. An empty dispenser that was never filled during our stay and incorrectly billed for parking when I had no car. It is about a 15 minute walk to Disneyland.

Stayed: August 2018
Roger R, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Anaheim Resort/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2018

Dear poulsbo99,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm sorry to read that our service was lacking during your visit. Our service is actually our strongest category when it comes to our guest scores, so this comes as a surprise, but I hope we will have the chance to demonstrate that to you on your next visit to Anaheim. I will also say that if the billing issue has not been resolved you can contact me directly at (714) 591- 2440 and asking for me by name fr assistance.