All reviews convention center front desk family suite minute walk bunk beds parking lot within walking distance attending a conference nice property art shuttle harbor blvd day pass housekeeping staff hotel restaurant lobby area near disneyland mini fridge
Reviewed 22 April 2016

One mistake I've made by staying at the Courtyard Marriott is not staying here all these passed years!!! Originally from the South Bay, my husband and I always attend an annual conference held at the Anaheim Convention Center in the spring. In the past, we've done the cheap route by just driving for the 3 day event, staying at a friends home in the area, but last year, we finally decided to just stay at the Convention. We stayed at a hotel closer to the convention grounds - but the crowd of the 40,000 people attendance conference and foot traffic made it inevitably rackety and disorderly. We then tried the Courtyard. I am certainly not the one to like to stay at a commercial-branch hotel and neither am I would be compelled to answer their after stay surveys or even rave an online review about it, but we tried the Courtyard Marriott this year it was PERFECT! My eyes are now wide to realize what the greatness a commercial hotel can do for you!

The location was close enough to get a good walk but far enough to weed out the crowd leaving it with a lot calmer parking experience, check-in, and overall stay. If there were families with kids staying for Disneyland, I never noticed. The staff was smart and strategic to place us in a room far from the typical rattle of the Disney family vacationers. No kids screaming in excitement across the halls or non-stop thumping sounds from the floor above. None. And the room given to us was already available earlier than our check in time and even our request to change to a King bed was easily made. All done with a professional and friendly manner. Room was great! Clean, updated, and set up was nice. I actually liked how the bed was facing the window.

What I loved best about this hotel was everything that I needed was already available to me. Hospitality just leaked everywhere. It's great to not have to call front desk for things that should have been in your room or any other amenities in and around the hotel cause it was already there. I also really like that there was a microwave (available 24/7 in the lobby) to heat up our food and eat at the Bistro without anyone giving us a stink-eye. Even just having complementary cold drinking water to fill up your re-usable bottle for the day was great. Wifi was free and strong. Parking was $15/day (still cheaper than others at the time), but gated and safe.

The Courtyard Marriott felt like an extension to my home. Would definitely stay here again. In fact we will be attending a wedding in San Diego this Fall and guess where I will be booking my hotel? Yep! The Courtyard!

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled on business
Mitch H, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Anaheim Resort/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2016

Wow, thank you for your glowing review. I'm so happy you found us and you enjoyed your stay. I'm obviously a fan of our location too. We're centrally located to the convention center and Disneyland, but tucked away from Harbor Boulevard which can provide a much needed respite after a long day on the convention floor or Disneyland! Thanks for trying us, I'm glad we made you a believer! Have fun in San Diego!

Reviewed 22 April 2016

Stayed here while attending a conference in the Anaheim Convention center. Clean and comfortable with good service. About a 5 minute walk over to the convention center. Lots of good restaurants nearby, including a Morton's Steak House right next door. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled on business

Thanks for your review. Just one of the wonderful things about our location is the proximity to so many restaurants and our shortcut to the convention center. I am pleased you found your stay comfortable. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 21 April 2016

Here in Anaheim for a convention at Disney, we stayed at the Courtyard Hotel, right near Disney and the convention center. Lots of restaurants and tsores nearby. The pool area and sitting area are outside is nice, The service is good as well. Could do a lil better in amenities, but was a comfortable stay for us. ( Could not fix a proper cocktail!).
Overall, I would put this Courtyard as better than average in location, comfortable place to stay.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled on business

Thank you for your review. I'm glad you enjoyed our service and pool/sitting area outside. I hope you were able to enjoy the fire pit at night. We will definitely discuss the art of a proper cocktail and work to improve it. Thanks for the feedback!

Reviewed 29 March 2016 via mobile

We booked this hotel months ago for three nights at a great rate. A few days before we realized that we could go down to Disneyland a day early, so we called and to add a night was an insane amount. We decided to just use Hotel Tonight and left in the middle of the night Wednesday morning. Around 3am we called the hotel directly and they amazingly added a room for us at the rate we booked! So incredibly happy to not have to hotel hop. We get there at about 530am and we didn't expect any room available, but they gave us the parking pass to park so we could go enjoy Disneyland for a few hours. Got the kids dressed in the bathroom there and walked over to Disneyland. It's about a mile walk. In the morning it totally feels like an ok walk, the way back though we were exhausted. Still walkable in my opinion. We had a 2 year old in a stroller and a 12 year old. We got back to the hotel at about 2pm hoping to have a room, but no luck. It literally was ready at 3pm on the dot. Which is fine that's normal check in time, we were just exhausted from the long drive. The room was really big. We got the king bed and a pull out sofa. The room smelled clean too. We took a brief nap and back to Disneyland we went. Housekeeping there is amazing. The first night they put our daughters baby tucked into her own little bed, the next night they made cute little animals out of the towels in the bathroom. The room was always perfectly clean. Major credit to them. They do have a Starbucks in the lobby, but you can't use your Starbucks app. Overall we would stay here again. The rate was reasonable even with all the added taxes and it's pretty close to Disneyland. They do charge for parking which I'm not a fan of and they don't offer free breakfast, but for a super clean hotel you couldn't beat the rate they charged. I did take a star off because I was slightly disappointed nothing special was done for Easter or even our daughter's birthday. I heard a few other hotels that we had considered had an "Easter bunny" on their property on Easter morning and whenever we've stayed places for our birthday or our kids the hotel usually does something even just a card. I'm sure we've just been lucky at other hotels and I'm sure not every hotel does something, but I think it would have been a nice little thing to do. Overall it was a good hotel and I would recommend it.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank SDMcCloskey
Mitch H, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Anaheim Resort/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2016

Thanks so much for the wonderful compliments. I'm so happy to hear you were able to enjoy Disneyland a day early. Your appreciate of our housekeeping staff is greatly appreciated, they work so hard and it's kind of you to praise their efforts. I agree we're a walkable distance from the park, but can relate to the walk seeming longer after a full day's worth of fun. For your next visit, you may wish to consider our "Stay for Breakfast" package which includes breakfast for 2 adults and 2 children under 12. Please extend our best wishes to your daughter for her birthday. Unfortunately, we missed the chance to celebrate this time, but please know we're currently developing some fun surprises for special occasions. Thank you for staying with us, we look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 22 February 2016

The location was great. I was in Anaheim for a convenition and it is very convieniently located next to the Anaheim Convention Center and walking distance to restaurants and pharmacies. Overall the experience was good until I checkout, they over billed me on some items, didnt get me the correct amount of Marriott rewards points and it took them several phone calls and days to get it fixed. However while I was there, the service was great and the facilities were good too (not very new).

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled on business
Carol S, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Anaheim Resort/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2016

Thank you for staying at the Courtyard Anaheim Convention Center. I appreciate the positive comments about the staff, hotel and location. I do apologize for the issues you encountered in getting your Marriott Reward Points. I realize it did get done, but it got completed the hard way. I have addressed this with the staff so they understand the urgency and have the knowledge for our guests to receive their points.

I do hope the next time you are in the Anaheim area you will stay with us again.