“Late Lunch After a Movie”

Romano's Macaroni Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Romano's Macaroni Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #288 of 990 Restaurants in Anaheim
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Anaheim Hlls
Reviewed 22 June 2018

We dined here after a movie in same center. At 2 PM, on a weekday, no wait. Staff was limited, with waiter doubling as the bartender, so service was a little slow, but not a negative, where we weren't in a hurry. They offer lunch portions, about half the size as dinner, which is great for seniors. Nice atmosphere, easy access to restaurant, but a bit hard to find from street. Use GPS, if you have it. Wife had spaghetti bolognese, and I had sausage rigatoni with mushrooms in alfredo sauce. Both were excellent. Pasta was not overcooked. Comes with small bread loaf with olive oil and balsamic vinegar on side for dipping. Even with smaller portions, we had enough to take home for a second meal.

Date of visit: June 2018

Reviewed 30 April 2018

Went here for a birthday dinner and it took the server over 10 minutes to even come by and ask us for our drink order. Once we ordered drinks, it took another 10 minutes, or more, for them to come. Then it took another 15 minutes for the waiter to come back to take our orders. So, after 30 minutes, we got to order, but it took another 25 minutes for the salads to come. This is also when they asked if we wanted more drinks! Drinks took another 10 minutes and the food 10 minutes after that (20 minutes after the salads). The food was very generic, some of it was cold and send back.

I had the frutti di mare, $20 and it came with 1 scallop, 2 shrimp and 5 muscles (but one was closed so not edible). this was the skimpiest dish I had ever seen. The pasta it came on was half hot and half cold. not sure how they could even do that. The sauce was also so spicy you could not taste anything else.

I will never be back and I recommend you never go.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 1 March 2018 via mobile

My wife and I visited Macaroni Grill for lunch today. We are subscribers to Macaroni Grill emails and get great deals offered. Our lunch was delicious and the service from Stacey was great and friendly. The menu gives a wide choice of different meals. My wife choose the Fish Fry and I had Mama’s Trio, both main dishes came with a Cesar Salad starter.
The main courses were served after we finished the salad and both were served at good temperature and tasted great.
We can recommend this restaurant for good food, great portions and friendly atmosphere!

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 20 October 2017 via mobile

We waited 15 minutes for a table. Not a big deal, unless you see many open tables. After sitting at a table, no one came by to service us. This wait was another 15 minutes. We asked to speak to the manager. We did ask if they were short on staff. She said “no”. So you have a full staff, open tables, and customers still waiting or not being served? Poor management. Do not waste your time and money at this location.

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed 22 September 2017 via mobile

I love this restaurant. Every meal is always great. Today I was there for happy hour in the bar. The blood orange cocktail was perfect and I ordered the artichokes and olives . Their bread is the best.

Date of visit: September 2017