3,066 results
All reviews across the street captain kidds free breakfast closest hotel bagels disneyland entrance can't beat the location main entrance perfect location visiting disneyland sofa bed after a long day would stay here again mid day we've stayed third floor fridge and microwave
Reviewed 23 January 2012

We just spent three nights at the Park Place Inn. You absolutely can't beat the location, there is nothing closer to Disney. Parking was convenient. The room was clean and quiet, but the bed wasn't the most comfortable. Breakfast was mediocre at best, but it was free so it's hard to complain. I would consider returning on a future visit, but it wouldn't be my first choice.

• Stayed: January 2012
1  Thank 331jasonc
BWPLUSParkPlaceInn, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Park Place Inn - Mini Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2012

We do appreciate you taking the time to write a review of our property. All information guests provide to us will help us improve our service. Unfortunately we will not be able to provide items such as omelettes because we do not have a restaurant onsite. However, we are updating our breakfast and will soon provide sausage and scrambled eggs as well as pancakes in addition to our other offerings. We do hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 22 January 2012

We stayed here for 5 nights during a road trip which was a recovery from cancer treatment trip. I booked the room well in advance and explained we wanted a room close to the front of the motel, up on the third floor to have a quiet room, for health reasons. When we arrived we were given a room at the very back of the motel down on the first floor. I had even phoned directly to confirm my requests ahead of time. I explained about my requests, but because we checked in late at about 9 pm. they were completely full so we had no choice. Because of my treatment, I was very tired and seriously the walk from the back of the motel to the front, is as long as the walk from the front of the motel to the Disneyland gates! I suppose I could have asked for a handicap room, I don't know if these are at the front of the motel or not. The people above us were so loud when they came back usually around midnight, it was honestly like a herd of elephants! I don't know if it was just them personally or if the floors are just very thin and not sound proof. We have stayed in 6 different hotels/motels in this area and this was the first time we had experienced this. It was a shock to us how inconsiderate some people can be. We always make an effort to be quiet past 9 or 10 pm even when we travel with children. This is why I rated the sleep quality as average as the beds were very comfortable. The room was very nice, although dark, and very clean, house keeping did a good job, but on one day even though we were out of our room for most of the day, it did not get cleaned, and the next day when we came back about 2 it had still not been done so when I phoned the front desk they booked a time when the room was to be done later. The continental breakfast was not very good, and we only tried that once. It was mostly over processed sweet pastry items, toast, cereal, bisquits and gravey, some not very fresh looking apples, and boiled eggs that tasted strange. Two other places we have stayed at in this area, in the same price point have amazing continental breakfasts included, one with things like omelets and waffles. We chose this motel because of the close proximity to the entrance to Disneyland, and made the request to be at the front of the property twice due to health issues, and to not have the request honored was a big disapointment. I don't know if it was just because we were at the back of the property but the wifi never worked very well for us, so I just packed away my lap top after a couple of days of trying and calling the front desk to ask what was wrong. We went back to an old favorite on our most recent trip in December, and it is unlikely we would stay here again. We will be checking out other properties that are also close to the Disneyland entrance on future trips.

Room Tip: don't know how to do this with this property as our requests, made well in advance and confirmed by phone, were not honored.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple

First I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay with us. I am sorry you were disappointed with your stay. If you were located on the first floor in the back of the property that means you were reserved in a room with a King Size bed. These are located on the first floor with only 2 on the third floor. We never guarantee locations of rooms, it is only on a request basis due to the possibility of guests already occupying rooms from previous day arrivals, guests not checking out or extending their stays or any unforseen problems that may occur. I do apologize we were not able to get you closer to the front of the property. I would not know the reason without knowing exactly when you were here. Again I am very sorry you did not enjoy your stay. We will have an upgraded breakfast soon with sausage, scrambled eggs and pancakes. Again I am very sorry you did not enjoy your stay. I hope you will give us another chance to show you what our customer service is really like.

Take care

Reviewed 21 January 2012

We stayed here for the 2nd time Oct 22-31st. It was great. We did not spend to much time in our room, most of the time was at Disneyland or in the pool. Kids loved playing in the pool with Dad, I loved the hot tub. We stayed in a suite room, on the 3rd floor. It was nice and quiet. Small, but worked for us and our 11 year old kids. The breakfast needs work, that would be our only complaint. It was fine for myself, but my pickier family wanted more selection. We are not use to eating pastries as our breakfast, and warmer options would be nice. No other complains it is a great place to stay, very close to the park.. we came back to the room a couple times in the day to drop stuff off and it did not take us long at all to get to and from the park.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank PGCanadiantraveller

Thank you for you review of our property. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. Within the next month or so we will be introducing new breakfast items. We hope these new items will better satisfy the pickier eaters. Having two small boys, I totally understand trying to satisfy them when on trips. We do hope to see you again soon.

Take care

Reviewed 14 January 2012

My husband and I took our 1 and 2 year old to their first trip to Disneyland Dec. 15-19 and were very pleased with our stay at the Park Place Inn. We had a very friendly welcoming upon arrival and were to our spacious king size room within minutes on the first floor. I had called two days upon arrival to request a crib and verified upon check-in that one would be in the room, but did not have one when we walked in. We called the front desk after we got our things unpacked and one was brought to us promptly. That would be the only reason why I didn't rate 5 stars; everything else was great.

I don't see anything mediocre about the Captain Kidd's continental breakfast; it was actually the best continental breakfast I have had with plenty of a selection. Plus it was nice not being bombarded by a busy crowd before heading into Disneyland as I'm sure many other places are. If you are looking for a full service breakfast there is Mimi's Cafe, IHOP, and Denny's within 2 minutes walking distance. I also did laundry during our visit; the facility was clean and the machines were decent size. It is right next to the pool area which was nice. The free wifi was great; we can't live without our internet in this family. Having a larger size compact refrigerator and microwave was very convenient for us having a baby and a toddler. The room decor was modern, clean, and beds were very comfortable. If any of this was not enough reason to stay here it has THE BEST LOCATION of any other hotel. The entrance is at the crosswalk to the Disneyland entrance.

We will be visiting Disneyland again this year during the same week in December and plan to stay here again. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Sarah F

I greatly appreciate your review of our property. I am so very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am sorry you did not have the crib in your room when you arrived. We do try to have these placed in the rooms prior to arrival when requested. We do hope to see you again in December.

Reviewed 12 January 2012

Stayed here for 5 nights last week and we were very happy with our choice of hotel. We usually stay on Disney property but decided to save some money this time around and were very happy we did!! The rooms are very clean, beds are comfortable as are the pillows, there is decent water pressure for the shower (which usually stink in a hotel), and the room was kept comfortable with the air conditioner - though it was a bit loud. Room was well equipped with a microwave and fridge that fit our needs. We ate the free continental breakfast at Captain Kidds only once (not huge breakfast eaters), and it was fine for free. Bagels, hard boiled eggs and the usual you would find for no cost. The best part about the hotel was the location to Disneyland and California Adventure. Right at the main crosswalk - only about a 3 minute walk into either park. For $99 a night you can't beat this property!! The only negative that struck me was upon check out nobody asked how our stay was or thanked us for our business - kinda disappointing costumer service but I guess that's the way the world is these days.

• Stayed: January 2012
4  Thank smhammond
BWPLUSParkPlaceInn, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Park Place Inn - Mini Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2012

I greatly appreciate you taking the time to write this review of our property. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay. I am very disappointed with the impression that you were left with at check out. I undertand your feeling of the lack of customer service these days. However I am taking immediate steps to ensure the simplest acts of customer service are not overlooked at our property. We do care about your experience with us. I want to make sure that our guests are pleased with our service from first contact until departure and any time after.

I do hope we will see you again soon.

Thank you and take care.