“Bed Comes with Underwear”

Anaheim Camelot Inn & Suites
Ranked #23 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Dublin
“Bed Comes with Underwear”
Reviewed 30 April 2012

We could not check into our room, even though it was ready, until 4:00pm because those are the rules. So, after a long tiring ride we were off to Disneyland for the afternoon, which is right across the street. We returned to the hotel at 9:30pm, unpacked the car, settled the kids and ourselves into bed. I got into the sleeper sofa bed about 11:00pm and near my feet were a pair of men's underwear. My handicapped son was already in the bed, so we covered the sheets as best we could with other linen and I slept on top of those. We complained the next morning and were comped with free parking and gift baggies with a bottle of water, a pen and a candy bar. We were assured the linens were clean and the underwear had been washed in their linen. Free underwear, REALLY! Beware.

7 Thank Christian A
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Madera, California
Reviewed 22 April 2012

This is literally across the street from Disneyland and California Adventure, so the location is good, but if you have ever stayed at a Disney property (especially the California Grand Hotel), this location just doesn't come close to what you experience there. The room was average, the shower leaked, the bed was hard (which my husband prefers, I like a soft bed) and we had to wait to get checked into our room, but the staff was friendly and the price was right.

Room Tip: My husband and son watched the Disneyland fireworks display from the hotel and it wasn't as crow...
3 Thank SirWillsMom
San diego
Reviewed 14 April 2012

We have stayed here previously and had no problems. We were not so fortunate this time. Whilst the rooms were satisfactory and the lady at the front desk was very accommodating I’m afraid it was all ruined due to one incident. We have a 13month son and as we were packing our car to leave there was an incident with other hotel guests. I wish to preface what I'm about to say with this hotel claims to be a "non smoking hotel", one of the reasons we chose it. My son was in his stroller as we were packing the car when a huge chunk of cigarette ash landed on his leg - I was horrified! When we looked up there were other hotel guests smoking on one of the higher level veranda. We said something to them with no avail so we approached the manager and he said he would do something about it. He went up & spoke to the guests and then came down to us and claimed that "it was ok because they had an ash tray". Even after confirming it was in fact a non smoking hotel, he made it clear that he was not going to do anything further. HOW IS USING AN ASHTRAY OK WHEN HOTEL POLICY HAS CLEARY BEEN STATED THAT IT IS A NON SMOKING HOTEL??!!! I am appalled by managements complete disregard for my child’s health & well being and will not stay again. For the record, when we closed our boot door it was covered in cigarette ash so I doubt very much that an ash tray was used. Very disappointing - If you have a family or dislike smoking DO NOT STAY HERE!!!

19 Thank tuffany
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 31 March 2012

This hotel is all about location. It is literally right accross the street from Disney. We had a "family suite" which had two queen beds and one king bed. The beds were extremely hard! Our room was right accross from the swimming pool which made it very noisy - had to call down one night as it was passed 10 pm and it was still very rowdy in the pool/hot tub. It was also very noisy in the early hours of the morning (generally starting around 6 am) as people with little kids would be running up and down the hallway! We also found that the front desk staff to be a little curt - no one even asked how our stay was when we checked in. The continental breakfast was definately not the best I have had either but it was something to put into your belly before you hit the park. I've paid the same for suites elsewhere and I have to say that the room and amenities certainly did not measure up to these other hotels. The only thing that this hotel really has going for it is the location.

Room Tip: Ensure that you ask NOT to be close to the pool if you wish to nap in the afternoon.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank EdmFam
Laton, California
Reviewed 30 March 2012

Let's face it, we stayed here because of the locaton. Very easy walk to Disneyland entrance. The room was clean, carpet was clean, grout in tub/shower and around toilet was clean with no mildew stains (I know I'm not the only one who checks these things out first thing). The beds and pillows were very comfortable. The mini-fridge, table and chairs allowed us to go to local Vons store and bring back our dinner.We stepped out onto the balcony and could actually see the Disneyland fireworks at night. The only thing that was a negative was that the two he-men in our family wished that there had been Discovery or History chanel added to the television selections. Will probably stay again because of the clean room and proximity to Disneyland.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family