“A very pleasant stay”

GreenLeadersGold level
Hamilton, New Zealand
“A very pleasant stay”
Reviewed 18 June 2012

We stayed at Ayres for 7 nights, and it was a very comfortable and pleasant place to stay. The room was clean and comfortable, the staff were pleasant and the breakfast was fantastic! The only thing that we found let us down was the 'free wifi' which didn't work for most of our stay, and the very noisy airconditioning which kept us awake at night. However for the price paid this was a small issue.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank smgrant
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (405)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Columbia
Reviewed 15 June 2012

I have enjoyed Ayres hotels before and the Anaheim location was no exception. It is within walking distance of Angels Stadium and across the street from where the Anaheim Ducks play. A bar and grill is next door, so you don't have to leave the area if you're seeing a game or a concert. Personally, I like to get to a place and park the car. Disneyland isn't far from here, but you have to drive. :( The hotel staff got us checked in quickly, and they were very professional.
The free breakfast was so-so quality, however, it saved time so we could get going in the morning. The hotel is easy to reach off the 57 freeway; I recommend coming that way and not off the I-5. If you miss the entrance to the parking lot, you have to drive down and street, make a U-turn and try again from the other direction. The room was spacious and modern, with a king sized bed that was super comfy. There is tile in the bathroom, which I like more than carpet. All the amenities were included.

Room Tip: The person in the room above us sounded like an elephant walking across the room. I'd recommend...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank RedCorvetteEnvy
San Diego, California
Reviewed 12 June 2012

Whenever we go to Disneyland parks, we like to take hotel before and after, to saparate the drive to San Diego and enjoy full day at the park.
There are several hotels next to the park exit which will charge ~120 for 4p family but quality is fairly low. Ayres on the other hand was topping those hotels at many aspects - very good matresses, nice and new rooms and corridors, (took my younger son for a tour along the corridors pictures, like a museum, not the typical pictures you would find at hotels..)
They also give good breakfast whcihc could save a lot if otherwised paid at the parks. Free wifi is important to some of us (my kids come with their gadgets..) and free parking is also valuable, as some hotels charge some $15 per night.
The only downside is that we need to drive to the park and so pay $15 (compared to walking to the hotels) (the shuttle they offer is not atractive as it costs the same and its frequency is too low)
(This review asumes great value for money and is based on $120 per night for 2 queens room)

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Keidar_R
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 11 June 2012

Total was $450 for 3 nights which was not too bad. The breakfast was hearty and the staff were very nice and very knowledgeable. It is about 15 min in an hourly shuttle ($4pp unlimited rides per day) to disneyland so it is pretty close. The shuttle also goes past the baseball park also. Overall it has good proximity to the attractions and is clean and tidy with nice amenities.

Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank 33Nick
San Francisco
Reviewed 9 June 2012

I read so many great reviews here on tripadvisor and decided to book this hotel. I'm sure glad I did! All of the fabulous reviews are true! This hotel is amazing! Stayed here the first week of June. Not only is it CLEAN, the breakfast is tasty! Definitely one of the better breakfasts I've had! Breakfasts consists of eggs, bacon or sausage on alternante days, potatoes/hashbrown, yogurt, mini muffins/donuts, toast, bagels. pancakes/french toasts. So much more choices than other hotels. The room was SPOTLESS! The microwave and mini-fridge came in handy! We did have 2 minor issues though- the first was while I was getting ready to go out, one of the housekeepers used her key to come into our room without knocking. She then later closed the door, and then decided to knock. I thought it was supposed to be the other way around. The second issue is that our room key got deactivated a day before we checked out. The bed is one of the most comfortable bed I've ever slept in! Not too hard, and not too soft! I just melted once I laid my head down! I wish I could take it home with me! This hotel is a short 10 mins drive to Disneyland/Downtown Disney. It's pretty much a short drive to anywhere in Orange County. Honda Center is right across the street and Angels Stadium is pretty close by. The staff is very friendly. Welcomes you each time you come in and out of the hotel, asking you how are doing. Happy hour is nice. Didnt really get to try the cookies, but the one time we came back to the hotel in the early evening, there was a bucket of free BUDWEISER!!! Of course we took a few! I cant say enough good things about this hotel! I will definitely be back the next time I'm in Anaheim!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple