“A NICE SURPRISE.........”

Ranked #34 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
portland,oregon
“A NICE SURPRISE.........”
Reviewed 5 March 2012

I stayed here Feb. 27th thru the 1st in a double queen room and enjoyed it alot. The price was really good, the bed was comfy,has a free breakfast,nice hot tub and pool. The shower head is low but it works and had plenty of hot water too. The people who worked there were all very nice that I came in contact with..the only bad thing is that I had called and asked about shuttle tickets and was told they sold them,but they don,t-so if you have to take the shuttle-buy your tickets online, but if you can walk a couple of blocks-go up to harbor and for 1.50 each way the city bus takes you across the street from the park. There is also a 7-11 on the corner of Harbor and Katella...buy your water and goodies there cause the park has raised their prices AGAIN on food and stuff. Enjoyed the hotel and by the way my socks were clean after walking on the carpet..Thanks Super 8!!!
D.Reid-Portland

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank skiddles
Super8k, Manager at Super 8 Anaheim Near Disneyland, responded to this review, 8 March 2012
We want to thank you for the review! It is good to hear you had a great time when staying with us. We are a short 10 minute walk from Disneyland, however, if you wish to purchase tickets for the ART shuttle to Disneyland, the Garden Walk next door sells them. It is $4.00 for a day pass. You can also purchase them online prior to your visit and they will mail them to you. It's nice to know you enjoyed our heated pool and hot tub while you were here. It is sure nice after a long day at the park. We do look forward to your next visit with us. Thanks again for the great review!
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (264)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
New South Wales, Australia
Reviewed 1 March 2012

After reading reviews and being advised by our travel agent not to stay here I was very hesitant when I booked. But my partner and I stayed here for 2 nights in August last year and we were nothing but pleases with our stay. The hotel manager was lovely and helpful he gave us a personal map with vouchers and recommended restaurants to eat at. it was literally a 5 min walk to all parks and down town Disney. This hotel was a home away from home I loved seeing all the Australian coins, toys and flags in the reception. And Evan a free breakfast to go with it. I will definatly stay here again.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Kkimi
Super8k, Manager at Super 8 Anaheim Near Disneyland, responded to this review, 3 March 2012
Thank you so much for the review. It is so nice to hear you had a great time when you stayed with us! We always enjoy our Austrailian visitors and look forward to your visits. It is nice to know that you found the room comfortable and clean. Being so close to Disneyland and the nearby dining establishments makes it so easy to get around. We are just 10 minutes from the park! We really appreciate the awesome review, and hope to see you again soon.
Westminster, Colorado
Reviewed 29 February 2012

I suggest that you not stay here. My husband and I checked in for our honeymoon and were promised by the manager that we would be able to add an extra night onto the end of the stay if we wanted to at any point during our stay. Yet, when I called the night before our last night to add a night, the front desk clerk refused to do so saying they were booked up and didn't care if it ruined our honeymoon. I strongly suggest that no one stay here if they want even the smallest amount of proper customer service. Walls are also paper thin and we could hear people talking as they walked by outside.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Super8k, Manager at Super 8 Anaheim Near Disneyland, responded to this review, 29 February 2012
Thank you for the review. I do appreciate your feedback. It is true, at any time our guests can request an extension to their stay. At the time requested, if we have a room available, of course we are more than happy to accommodate our guests. You were here several nights, and unfortunately by the time you requested it on the last night of your stay we had nothing available. We all care very much for every one of our guest’s and would have gladly extended your stay if it was at all possible. We were unable to do so because we were sold out. It is our goal to make sure every one of our guests have a positive experience while staying with us. If there are any questions regarding this review, please feel free to call me anytime and speak with me directly.
Humoldt, Sk
Reviewed 25 February 2012

We just returned from a week long stay at this hotel. We booked it as part of our package so while I'm not sure what we paid per night, it was one of our cheaper options so I assume we didn't pay a lot. This was our third trip to Disney and we've stayed at different hotels each time - while the stay wasn't horrible, it would rank #3 of the 3 we've stayed at. We always choose "budget" hotels for our Disney vacations because really you spend very little time in your room. I will separate pro's and con's. My ideal rating for this hotel is 2.5 but I don't know how to do half stars so I said 3 just because of the location.

Front desk staff were anywhere from helpful to not so helpful - depends on who you get.

Pro: Very nice location to access Disney parks, easy 10-15 minute walk to the parks. Serviced by park shuttles if you so choose (we never used it though - we always just walked back and forth to the park because it was a nice walk)

Pro: Located right next to Anaheim Gardenwalk which was awesome! Lots of restaurants and shopping right there.

Pro: Queen bed was fairly comfortable. Room was small but ok - carpets were kind of gross though

Pro: Laundry facilities available - didn't think I'd need this but we did and it came in very handy and is reasonably priced!

Pro: Pool and hot tub available. Pool is small. My daughter found her skin got very itchy after using the pool and hot tub but she found the same thing after showering, etc as well so I think Anaheim just has really hard water?

Con: The breakfast really is really bad. While it was nice to get coffee in the morning, other than that it's a sugary mess. The orange juice appears to be similar to Tang or Sunny D (perhaps a mix of Tang and real orange juice? not sure) and the food consisted of cinnamon & sugar mini donuts, dense dry muffins and two kinds of cereal (one of which was a sugary Fruit Loop type cereal) and then there was toast. The breakfast room is VERY small and hard to maneuver when it's busy. No carrying trays available to take breakfast back to the room (hint hint Super 8). If you want to zip your kids up on sugar to get going in the morning, this is the place for you! Otherwise plan to eat breakfast elsewhere. I'm not a continental breakfast snob but this one really is one of the worst I've seen.

Con: We were on the bottom level right across from the pool and just a few doors down from the breakfast room - very very noisy section of the hotel. Heard all foot traffic going back and forth (which was pretty much everyone else staying at the hotel so there was a LOT of foot traffic, rolling suitcases, crying kids, etc), picked up all the pool noise in the evenings, etc. I would have much preferred to be located further back (I think anyway - not sure what the noise level was back there). Sleeping in was not an option and going to bed before the pool closed wasn't an option. Too much noise.

Con: We initially only had a reservation for two people (one adult and one 11 yr old child) so had a room reserved for one queen bed. Plans changed and we ended up with two adults and one child. We initially requested a room with two queens when we checked in but hotel couldn't accomodate because they were full - which was understandable. So we requested a rollaway cot. Well my word........I think a cement slate would have been more comfortable than the cot! So we checked back in the morning the next two days as suggested by the front desk for a room with two beds and were always told to come back around noon. Ummm HELLO! We're at Disney! Do you honestly expect us to sit around our room until noon for just the possibility we MIGHT be able to move rooms??? I felt this was poorly handled by the hotel. We made a request for a room with two beds, were willing to pay the price difference - I felt the least they could do in the name of customer service was to find a room and at least hold it until we returned to our room that day instead of expecting us to wait around. They could have told us to bring our bags to the front desk and offer to place them in the room for us when a room was available that day - that way they could clean our existing room as well and rent it out. Lots of options and none of them were given to us. So we ended up sleeping on a horrible horrible cot for five nights - each of us taking a turn because no one should be expected to sleep on that thing more than one night in a row. Replace your cot mattresses! Your guests will thank you!

Con: I am reading a lot of people complaining about no hot water in the morning for showers - my husband complained of this as well. I always showered at night and had no problems. In fact, we had so much hot water it was coming out of the cold faucet in our sink all night long - we could not get cold water out of our sink faucets in the evening. Weirdest thing ever. I could have made tea with the water it was that hot. So beware if you have small children.

Room Tip: Rooms towards the back of the hotel are likely quieter than by the pool or near the front!
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Lori W
We want to thank you for the review. It is good to hear we fit into your budget. It is true we do have a great location, being only 10 minutes from Disneyland. There are also several dining establishments very close by. Bubba Gumps, The Cheesecake factory, and Tony Romas are just a few great choices that are walking distance from here. Amenities such as Free Wifi, Continental Breakfast, and Free parking are just a few amenities that make your stay more affordable.
Thanks again for the review, and thank you for the feedback. Feedback such as your helps us improve our customer service. We look forward to your next visit with us!
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 20 February 2012

I was impressed with how clean and big the rooms were at this hotel considering how cheap it was. Stay at the back and it is very quiet. Breakfast was disapointing. Internet is free but is a bit slow. Front reception service was very patchy. There was one very helpful person and a couple of unhelpful ones.

Room Tip: Stay at the back as Katella is a busy road and rooms at the front would be noisy
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Dina B
Super8k, Manager at Super 8 Anaheim Near Disneyland, responded to this review, 22 February 2012
Thank you for writing a review! It is great to hear you found our rooms spacious and roomy enough to make your stay comfortable.. I hope you took time to enjoy the heated pool and hot tub while you were here as well. Amenities such as free wifi, free breakfast and free parking help make your stay as affordable as possible. On your next visit with us, you will find some changes to the breakfast area, as well as our menu. I hope you will find this an improvement. We have enlarged the breakfast area, and are adding some new menu items. We do look forward to your next visit with us! Thanks again for the great review.