“Comfortable and very friendly hotel, close by to Disney and beaches”

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Anaheim (1 BLK/Disneyland)
Ranked #41 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed 27 August 2012

On arrival at the hotel the front desk staff were very helpful and quickly had us checked into our rooms. The room we had was spacious, clean with good facilities including free internet. The restaurant offers a fixed price buffet with plenty of choice. If you choose you can have a booth with your own TV to watch. We had a couple of nice evening meals and one okay meal in the restaurant. The staff in the restaurant were very friendly and service was good. The swimming pool is a good size such that you can actually swim. Amazingly I had the pool all to myself for two mornings. Probably due to everyone being in Disney. The location of the hotel is good for trips to the beach. Huntington Beach is a great place to visit.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Tom V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Anaheim (1 BLK/Disneyland), responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2012

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you had a good time while you were here. Our location is great and it's good to hear it fit your needs. Come back and see us again real soon!!

Tom Van Winkle

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Anaheim (1 BLK/Disneyland)

Reviewed 26 August 2012

This is my second time staying at this location. I stayed for three nights and enjoyed my stay. My room was very clean. The bathroom was spotless. My bed was very comfortable. There is an ART bus service that picks you up from the hotel and drops you off at disneyland for $4 a day. We ate at the onyx bar restaurant and the pizza tasted delicious. The staff at the front desk was very friendly and quick to accommodate us.

This place has excellent customer service. I realized that I left my Armani sunglasses inside our room after we already checked out. I notified the front desk and they sent in housekeeping to our old room to retrieve my sunglasses. She found my sunglasses within 5 minutes and I was ecstatic. You can't get better service than that. I only chose to stay at this hotel when I visit and will definitely be coming back soon! For the service and amenities you get for the price, I think it's a good deal.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank Razeena D

Thank you for your kind comments. Our staff is thrilled you were happy and we look forward to being at your service on your next visit!

Best regards,

Reviewed 25 August 2012

Never having stayed in the area before and just wanting a reasonable rate on a place just to sleep at, I felt overwhelmed reading all the tripadvisor reviews for all the hotels near Disney. I ended up randoming choosing this one based on the price and the above average ratings. I am very very glad I did! I saw no evidence of the negative elements present in prior reviews. Good value, clean rooms, nice pool, comfortable beds, the air conditioner worked perfectly, good variety of pillows. We arrived early on the day of check in and the hotel staff was extremely accommodating and let us park in the lot and leave our car to head to the Disney parks. We bought our tickets at a reasonable rate for the shuttle which stopped right in front of the hotel multiple times day and night and took us back and forth to Disney. The hotel again let us keep our car parked in their lot the next day after checkout while we again spent the day at Disney. Negatives were: our room did not have a microwave or refrigerator and there was no free breakfast. However, I would not hesitate to come back there or to recommend this property again to others!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank GinaBSaintBonifcaius

Thank you for letting us know about your stay with us. We are very glad you enjoyed your time here. We hope to see you again and again on each trip you make to the Magic Kingdom!

Reviewed 24 August 2012

When it is 100 degrees outside the air conditioning is a real advantage. It is about a twenty five minute walk from the entrance of Disneyland, to far to walk in hot weather, especially with children. A much better option is to use the shuttle bus at a cost of $4 a day for adults and $2.50 for children. Tickets can be bought in the hotel shop (run by a very helpful lady).

The room is acceptable. It is a big hotel so it can be quite a walk to get to reception or the breakfast area. An all you can eat breakfast is $13 for adults but much cheaper for children, I think it is $2.

A good way to see Disneyland is to arrive early, leave during the hottest part of the day, have a swim in the hotel pool and return to Disneyland at around 4.00.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Fred F

We are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. We do appreciate you taking the time to let us know about it. We hope to be your host again the next time you are in the area.

Sincererly,

Reviewed 22 August 2012

Location - The hotel is located on Walnut St & Ball Rd, close to the Disney property. Although the hotel is advertised as being 1 block from Disneyland, it is not. It would take 25-30 minutes to walk to the Disneyland & Disney California Adventure entrance. To clarify, the hotel is 1 block from the Mickey & Friends Parking Structure/Lot, where you can catch the Disney trams to Downtown Disney. The walk (along Walnut St) from the hotel to the tram waiting area was about 8-10 minutes.The Disney tram is free to ride, and it takes less than 5 minutes to Downtown Disney.

Hotel - The hotel's 3 star rating met my expectations. I have stayed at Inns near Disney, and this hotel is definitely of better quality. The hotel property and rooms are well kept and clean, with nice decor, and furnishings. There are several building on the hotel premises. The main lobby does not connect to all the buildings. My friends and I stayed in building 4. So we parked in the temporary parking to check-in, then we drove and parked at the back of the hotel property. The buildings reminded me of dorm rooms in college. The hotel is located in a quiet residential street. The hotel and neighborhood felt safe. Good lighting on the hotel property/parking lot.

Room/Amenities -The room my friends and I stayed in had 2 double beds, a large 32' flat screen TV, an ottoman, desk chair, and desk. The beds were comfortable to sleep in. Duvet covers, linens, and pillows were clean; no obvious stains. You will find several pillows (not standard size, but 15 inches?) to be lumpy. The bathroom fixtures were great- toilet flushed, shower had good water temperature and pressure. The sink vanity was located outside of the bathroom, which was great for my friends and I who took turns getting ready. The AC was worked great! While overall I found the hotel to be nice, there were a few small things that bothered me. First was the unpleasant hallway odor in building 4. It smelled faintly like garbage and urine. Second was the wet carpet air dryer we found upon entering our room. It felt as if the room was not ready for our arrival. Lastly, the towels were too crispy for my liking.

Customer Service - My friend booked our room, so I did not interact with the front desk staff at the hotel. The janitor and security guard we passed by smiled and greeted us.

Resort Fee - There is a resort fee of $10/night at this hotel. This includes parking (with in&out privileges) in the uncovered parking lot, and Wi-Fi. I tried connecting to the Wi-Fi, with no success. Be sure to ask the front desk staff for the appropriate log-ins.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank jetset_p

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent experiences at our hotel. I assure you we are busy correcting the deficiencies you noted. I should point out that we are only a 12 minute walk to the park entrance located in downtown Disney at the monorail stop there. This is the only monorail stop outside of the parks and we are the closest non-Disney hotel to it. It's a great way to enter the park for the first time! We do hope you choose our hotel again the next time you visit the Magic Kingdom!