We decided to try this Holiday Inn after being loyal to one hotel for many years. Why? Because we wanted better television channels, especially ESPN, which we love and our favorite place refuses to carry. We did get the televsion channels, as promised.
It was pleasant enough, but there was no wow factor to this hotel. The room was just, well, a room. It was of adequate size, clean, but with a terrible view of a parking lot and I presume post office (a lot of mail-trucks). Very noisy with the guests parking, talking, laughing, children screaming as they got in and out of their vehicles. However, the noise did stop.
Mattress was a little too firm for us, but the covers were warm. Temperature controls worked very well. Bathroom on the small size, but clean. Really unhappy with no fridge in the room. I thought I had read there was a fridge in the room, but I must have been mistaken. We bring all our own drinks and use fridges to the max. Yes, we had ice, but it's not nearly as good.
Our other hotel does not have a resort fee, this does. Our usual hotel has a great view of the California park, (giving us a real Disney feel when in our room), this did not have a view . Our other hotel provided it's own shuttle at no charge, Holiday Inn suggested we buy a pass for $4.25 to ride a Disneyland bus system called ART. We waited a long time both ways for it to come, despite the fact it says every 20 minutes. While I wouldn't say not to stay here, it's clean and has the channels you want to watch, we are going back to our old favorite hotel. We gave you a try Holiday Inn, and to be fair, your employees were great and a wonderful maid let us in our room when we locked ourselves out. But, I guess we were looking for better and didn't find it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our newly renovated property presents guests with a fun and modern art deco ambiance suitable for both business travelers and families alike. This amenities-rich, full-service hotel offers spacious guestrooms and suites at an affordable rate right in the heart of Orange County, adjacent to Disneyland(R), Disney's California Adventure(R), Downtown Disney(R), and with easy access to the Anaheim Convention Center, and many other Southern California attractions. Now welcoming small dogs!! A fee does apply. Book our 60th Anniversary package and receive a $60 food and beverage credit during your stay. (One $60 credit voucher per stay) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com and IHG so you can book your Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Anaheim (1 BLK/Disneyland) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Hotel And Suites Anaheim (1 Blk/Disneyland)
- Holiday Inn Hotel Anaheim
- Holiday Inn Anaheim
- Anaheim Holiday Inn