“Close to Disney , great shuttle service and breakfast included.”
Review of Candy Cane Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Candy Cane Inn
Ranked #4 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
“Close to Disney , great shuttle service and breakfast included.”
Reviewed 8 March 2012

The Candy Cane is a nice small hotel within walking distance to Disney. Too tired to walk,take the free shuttle with friendly drivers. Their beds need an upgrade, too soft on edges, sheets and mattress covers did not fit well. Stayed 3 years ago and it was much better. Rugs were stained and needed a good cleaning behind side tables etc. The Candy Cane has nice grounds with lots of attention paid to keeping the plants looking great and the property clean. $129.00 a night - $10.00 off coupon for your next stay-front desk personal could take a lesson from the friendly shuttle drivers. Overall a little disappointed compared to my last stay.

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank Silverwood2012
CandyCaneInn, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this review, 14 March 2012
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. I was disappointed to read that your stay was not up to your expectations. Based on feedback from guests such as yourself, we have met with representatives from Serta Mattress Company. Based on our findings we have identified a few mattresses that were deemed defective and are being replaced by Serta. Also, I am sorry to read that your experience with my Front Desk. I have spoken to my Front Office Manager who has used your comments to coach his team to ensure the Front Desk provides the high level of service our guests expect. I hope that you will come back and give us another chance. Please feel free to let me know if I can be of assistance. Warm regards.
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (525)
Tucson
Reviewed 6 March 2012

I first saw the Candy Cane Inn a few years ago when we walked by it on our way to Disneyland and vowed to stay there the next time we returned because it looked so nice. Beautiful landscaping and the cobblestone drive make it stand out from all the other hotels. The
breakfast was very good. The staff were all friendly and helpful - even had our airline boarding passes done for us before we left. The shuttle is nice when you're tired of walking all day around Disneyland. There are 2 convenience type stores next door to stock up your refrigerator and several reasonably priced take-out restaurants across the street. Our room was next to the street and staircase yet we didn't hear anything during the night. My only regret was that we didn't stay an extra day to just sit by the pool to relax.

Room Tip: We were able to see Disneyland fireworks standing outside our second floor room
2 Thank Diane N
I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. Definitely our location to Disneyland, convenience stores, the Anaheim GardenWalk, and the Anaheim Convention Center cannot be beat. Our goal is to provide our guests with “legendary” guest service and ensure a comfortable stay. Next time that you are back in the Anaheim area, please feel free to contact me personally to book your next trip!
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 6 March 2012

I took my two kids for a three day trip to Disneyland. We've been many times and this is our first time staying at the CCI. We've stayed at the Disneyland hotels before and at hotels along the strip and this was the best experience yet!!! We chose this hotel based on the FREE shuttle, FREE parking, and FREE internet (none of my apple devices would connect to the network???). Just a minor issue that didn't affect the hotel stay at all.

The rooms were clean and spacious for me and my two kids. We got a standard room on the bottom floor next to the stairs. The noise wasn't bad at all but that's probably because we could sleep through anything. Our room was directly adjacent from the shuttle stop. Breakfast was ok, nothing great but good enough to put some food in my kids bellies - your standard free breakfast, cereals, milk, tea, coffee, bagels, yogurt, ect.

We flew in to Orange County and rented a car and never had to touch it once on our trip. The shuttle is AWESOME!!! Always on time and never crowded. We walked back once and it wasn't far at all. It's about a 10 min walk and a 5 min shuttle ride.

Kids swam in the pool and used the hot tub. It was clean, I got to relax by the pool, and my kids had fun!

We're going back to DLand but unfortunately, the CCI didn't have rooms for our dates so are staying somewhere else. Thanks for a pleasant stay CCI. We'll be back.

2 Thank mustluvdogs0207
Thank you for your wonderful comments. We try hard to provide all the essentials for our guests to enjoy their stay at the Candy Cane Inn. I am sorry for the technical difficulties with your apple devices and our wifi. If you are ever experiencing troubles with our wifi, please contact the Front Desk for assistance. Also, I am sorry that we were not able to accommodate you on your next stay to Disneyland. Please keep in mind that if you ever have trouble booking with us please contact me directly and it would be my pleasure to try and assist you. I hope to have you back again soon. Best regards!
Sandy
Reviewed 4 March 2012

We have stayed at the Candy Cane Inn 8 different times. Each visit has been a great experience! The rooms and pool area are very clean. The customer service representatives are always friendly and helpful. We love that breakfast is included, which saves us a lot of money with a family of 5. They also have rooms which can accomodate 5 people, saving us from paying for a second room. The shuttle runs every 30 minutes to Disneyland and back to the hotel. But if you miss the shuttle, it's not too far to walk. We've stayed at a few other hotels near the resort, but always end up returning to CCI.

2 Thank Marti K
Thank you for being loyal Candy Cane Inn guests! It is our loyal guests that have kept us in business since 1957. Thank you also for your kind words and we look forward to your next visit to our hotel! Until next time!
Folsom, CA
Reviewed 2 March 2012

This was our 3rd time staying at the CCI and like always, it was very good. The only bad spot I would put on the hotel was how crowded the first couple of shuttles were in the morning on the way to DL. A few times the driver had to turn guests away and they ended up walking. Would suggest they maybe place BOTH shuttles into service for the initial rush to the park. The rooms were very clean and well maintained. Breakfast was plentiful. Each and every call for guest services we made were met with prompt and courteous service. We will be staying here each and every time we travel to DL.

Room Tip: If you want to watch the fireworks from your room, choose a 'deluxe' room in the 230's r...
1 Thank Michael Q
Thank you for coming back for the 3rd time! The Candy Cane Inn has been a family owned property since 1957 and our return guests help to ensure the success of the Candy Cane Inn. I also want to thank you for your comments. It is true that during the first runs of the morning that our shuttles can get full. Our drivers are trained to drop of guests off and come right back to the hotel continuously until the morning rush slows down. So rather than wait 30 minutes, if you cannot board the shuttle, the turn around time is about 10 minutes for the next shuttle. If transportation is ever a concern, please let our Front Desk know and we will be more than happy to assist you. Again, thank you for being loyal Candy Cane Inn guests and I look forward to your next visit.